• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dukenukem4ever

Reaction score
Oddly despite the world opening up I've kinda fallen out of dressing well (idgi) but I did just get a new suit back from the tailor for a wedding this weekend. My old suit didn't fit anymore after the covid weight I put on 😭

Everything is Spier except the shoes are Allen Edmonds. I think I'm gonna have to take this back and get the sleeves and pants tidied a bit, both are still slightly too long. Luckily no one at the wedding is a SF user so no one will notice my sleeves and pant legs are 1/4-1/2 inch too long. But I'll know!!!

View attachment 1649149
Damn looking good!!!!

schraiber

Reaction score
I would say your sleeves/trousers are too long only subjectively, based on your preference. They do not appear to be objectively too long (i.e., they don't look sloppy...I'm sure your pants don't break in the back...etc.).
Oh yeah I agree, it's not too sloppy or anything. The pants are more of a personal preference for slightly less break. The sleeves I do think are just slightly too long, especially on my (shorter) left arm. This tailor tends to favor very very little cuff showing and I'm still working on finding a good length with him

Damn looking good!!!!
Thanks!!

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S&M webpage is taking forever to load up... is anyone else having this issue or is it me and probably my VPN? Never occurred before.
This happened to me yesterday, but it was just my wifi acting up. Had to reset my router

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DB or SB suit in your opinion? https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/vbc----gray-micro-houndstooth-863258-2-2152-mto-s

I thought SB initially since I wanted to be able to use the jacket separately in a monochromatic scheme. In that case, I'd be keeping the jacket relatively casual as pictured. But reconsidering now. Thinking about making it a DB with flap pockets, edge stitching and traditional peak lapels instead.
Whenever it comes down to the question of SB or DB and you struggle making a decision, always go with the DB unless it's:
- for a wedding
- black tie event
- you live in a humid/hot climate

wilcthree

Reaction score
Totally agree! I'm gonna have to get it nipped in the waste, which I'm not used to having to do with SM sport coats, but it's all good.
Unsolicited advice: Be careful with nipping the waist on a DB. Typically, DBs are already cut with a gentle/subtle waist suppression. With the way the skirt on DBs are cut, suppressing the waist too much can make it flare out in an unflattering way that won’t look too great for the overall silhouette.

Rob_Gaines

Reaction score
Unsolicited advice: Be careful with nipping the waist on a DB. Typically, DBs are already cut with a gentle/subtle waist suppression. With the way the skirt on DBs are cut, suppressing the waist too much can make it flare out in an unflattering way that won’t look too great for the overall silhouette.
Thanks for the heads-up on that! I may leave it alone. Need to try it on with trousers etc and see how it all comes together.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.