• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SpierTeam

Reaction score
Greetings, Gentlemen! We're excited to launch our GMTO (Group Made-To-Order) for Dugdale Cavalry Twill trousers. As some of you may remember, we gauged interest earlier in the year, and it's finally here! There are 3 colours available: Fawn, Medium Gray, and Moss Green, available in our High-Rise cut (no customizations can be made to the stock template or measurements). We will be accepting orders until August 14th, at which point the orders will be sent into production and are slated to ship around mid-November.

Click here to visit the website

Brennenman

Reaction score
I hate to be the ignorant one here, but what exactly is Calvary twill and what are its benefits?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate to be the ignorant one here, but what exactly is Calvary twill and what are its benefits?
Its a heavy twill, great for fall/winter trousers, similar weights to flannels, but wears (and holds a crease) like iron.

By many accounts, the Dugdale version of this fabric is among the top of the line.

ksinc

Reaction score
Apologies for off-topic in the thread, but I have read this thread almost entirely and it inspired me to give Spier a try for a new jacket.

Q: for you Spier regulars - Is there a secret ritual or sacrifice required to get a return processed?

I'm having no luck with my first purchase. I purchased a 44 and 46 jacket to try on and want to return the 44. Spier responded and said UPS would send a pdf with a return label, but it never came. I did receive a tracking no notification. Spier doesn't answer the phone and emails are not solving my problem. So, I called UPS and they are trying to charge me $15 to schedule my pickup and are holding my return label hostage until I do so. I'm concerned as my return window is closing that this be resolved quickly.

I am in FL USA. So, UPS has me in some international shipping escalation rabbit hole like Canada is a national security threat.
Thoughts? Do you have the same difficulty returning to Spier from the US?

Oh - and the jacket is very nice - the Guabello Hopsack. I also have a C2 shirt on the way to try out, but I'm growing concerned if this will be a regular thing.

Thanks for any help/advice.

dangaa

Reaction score
@spiermackay Rick, anymore lightweight OCBD's coming? I see the white was just restocked. Any linen dress shirts?

Not sure what got delayed in production but I'm hoping to pickup more of both.

Rob_Gaines

Reaction score
Apologies for off-topic in the thread, but I have read this thread almost entirely and it inspired me to give Spier a try for a new jacket.

Q: for you Spier regulars - Is there a secret ritual or sacrifice required to get a return processed?

I'm having no luck with my first purchase. I purchased a 44 and 46 jacket to try on and want to return the 44. Spier responded and said UPS would send a pdf with a return label, but it never came. I did receive a tracking no notification. Spier doesn't answer the phone and emails are not solving my problem. So, I called UPS and they are trying to charge me $15 to schedule my pickup and are holding my return label hostage until I do so. I'm concerned as my return window is closing that this be resolved quickly.

I am in FL USA. So, UPS has me in some international shipping escalation rabbit hole like Canada is a national security threat.

Oh - and the jacket is very nice - the Guabello Hopsack. I also have a C2 shirt on the way to try out, but I'm growing concerned if this will be a regular thing.

Customer service is swamped, I believe, but they will respond amd shouldn't hold the days of unresponsiveness against you. Same thing happened to me last week with the UPS label and they figured it out. Patience is the best strategy

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Try messaging the owner on Instagram

wilcthree

Reaction score
Just received my blackwatch tartan Neo MTO sportcoat. I'm definitely going to like wearing it. Gonna hit up @An Acute Style for some styling advice, as he's the king of blackwatch.

Also received the '21 navy Neo fresco suit. So far, fit seems ok out the box. Currently hanging up to allow it to dewrinkle itself and better take shape. Will report back on this, to share how it stacks up against other Neo suits I've owned in terms of fit.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my blackwatch tartan Neo MTO sportcoat. I'm definitely going to like wearing it. Gonna hit up @An Acute Style for some styling advice, as he's the king of blackwatch.

Also received the '21 navy Neo fresco suit. So far, fit seems ok out the box. Currently hanging up to allow it to dewrinkle itself and better take shape. Will report back on this, to share how it stacks up against other Neo suits I've owned in terms of fit.
Great minds. Took delivery of an MTO black watch jacket yesterday. The plaid is subtle not loud and the factory did a nice job with pattern matching. Very happy with how it turned out

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How everyone has a good weekend! All S&M……maybe long sleeve knit polos for FW?! There may have been some last year, I wasn’t paying attention. View attachment 1646716
There were long sleeved knit polos last FW season, both in the merino knit and pique cotton. Depending how they sold, expect them this year, too, I'd say.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.