• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get to focusing on the suits and whatnot, and tend to overlook SM's chinos. Wearing SM Brown lightweight chinos today.
RY-2175_28038-spiermackay-chinos-ltk-ss21-1.jpg
These things are so comfortable--brushed like their cold weather cousins, but way lighter, even airy. How did they do that? These are great summer weekend and travel day pants. They don't hold a crease...or a wrinkle. So no iron. Just wear, fold them up and toss in the drawer.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get to focusing on the suits and whatnot, and tend to overlook SM's chinos. Wearing SM Brown lightweight chinos today.
View attachment 1643824
These things are so comfortable--brushed like their cold weather cousins, but way lighter, even airy. How did they do that? These are great summer weekend and travel day pants. They don't hold a crease...or a wrinkle. So no iron. Just wear, fold them up and toss in the drawer.
I am wearing the khaki ones today. Great summer pants. However, mine sure do hold a wrinkle lol

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My gripe with their chinos every single year the fit is different. One year it's too loose from the previous year. The next time it's too tight either in the seat or waist. It's always something.

I hope they nail it down as I like the quality and price can't beat but it's very inconsistent.

Just looking for all year round chinos that are mid rise that fit well.

MrFingers

Reaction score
My gripe with their chinos every single year the fit is different. One year it's too loose from the previous year. The next time it's too tight either in the seat or waist. It's always something.

I hope they nail it down as I like the quality and price can't beat but it's very inconsistent.

I think I will try their high rise pleated chinos when they drop. I constantly look for a trouser that’s casual enough to wear without wanting to look like it’s straight up menswear but don’t like normal chinos and have no good fitting jeans atm. Let’s hope it’s a good drop :)

milktoast

Reaction score

This. Love both my pairs, but both are 30 Slim and my most recent ones are much looser in the waist than my first. Go figure.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay which DB style is this jacket? https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/guabello-light-blue-herringbone-6684f-300-6-22152-db-mto-j

I know it says standard DB with soft shoulders in the description, but it doesn't look like any other DB with the same configuration.

In my experience, the standard DB configuration with soft shoulders feature bellied lapels. These seem straighter. The only DB model with straight lapels that you offer is the traditional DB model. But that one has a lower and horizontal gorge, which this doesn't seem to have. Am I just making things up in my head? I really like the overall expression of this jacket.

dangaa

Reaction score
@spiermackay which DB style is this jacket? https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/guabello-light-blue-herringbone-6684f-300-6-22152-db-mto-j

I know it says standard DB with soft shoulders in the description, but it doesn't look like any other DB with the same configuration.

In my experience, the standard DB configuration with soft shoulders feature bellied lapels. These seem straighter. The only DB model with straight lapels that you offer is the traditional DB model. But that one has a lower and horizontal gorge, which this doesn't seem to have. Am I just making things up in my head? I really like the overall expression of this jacket.

I'm pretty sure that the description isn't entirely correct. The description lists it as a 4 x 2 when it's clearly a 6 x 2.

From listing:

The buttons are also switched to a 4x2 closure (4 total, with 2 to fasten).

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the description isn't entirely correct. The description lists it as a 4 x 2 when it's clearly a 6 x 2.

From listing:

The buttons are also switched to a 4x2 closure (4 total, with 2 to fasten).
Yeah, I know I saw that as well. That led me to write this. Just not sure which DB configuration it is. Visually, nothing is comparable to it from the description of the respective DB.

Last edited:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know I saw that as well. That led me to write this. Just not sure which DB configuration it is. Visually, nothing is comparable to it from the description of the respective DB.
I had noticed the same and posted a Q to Rick about a month or so ago. No reply. I think the jacket in the photo is the traditional peak lapel DB. The other 6 button DB, the Standard DB, has padded, roped shoulders, more like a suit jacket

Hey, does anyone have the dark brown Minnis linen suit? Would love to see photos

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had noticed the same and posted a Q to Rick about a month or so ago. No reply. I think the jacket in the photo is the traditional peak lapel DB. The other 6 button DB, the Standard DB, has padded, roped shoulders, more like a suit jacket
But the traditional DB features lower gorge with horizontal lapels where the neck and lapels meet. Unless they've used two very different templates for the same jacket model.

This might be a b*stard child like the rust jacket. It's not a Neapolitan, yet it features all the details of a Neapolitan jacket. Except the 4" lapels (I think). As a matter of fact, I purchased it myself with the belief that it was a Neopolitan jacket.

Last edited:

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't reality a true Neoploitan jacket would need the sleevehead to be sewn by hand at the very least?

Here is a styleforum journal on it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads