• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

quigleysr

Reaction score
looks like someone finally finished off the Summer Tweed!

Unfortunately it wasn't me as I noticed the same thing last night when I went to finally order it. I had been close to pulling the trigger since S&M announced they were getting it, but always talked myself out of it. It wasn't meant to be for me I guess.

MrFingers

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of the green linen jacket? I saw some pictures previously in this thread but it looked more grey than green.
I’ll post some later today. It’s def more green than olive and or gray

motorchang

Reaction score
Went ahead and snagged this jacket and olive pants. I saw you had the same. Any pics with the olive and this jacket?

Sorry for the late reply. I've yet to manage to come up with a cool idea of that combo although I've been definitely meaning to do one. Have to think about it...a plain white shirt may work well in that?

Brennenman

Reaction score
Going for the classic ivy style look with the Sandrio seersucker and quest high waisted khakis my loafers have a huge spot where the color came off and that really upset me because it happened at work. Does anyone know how to fix that?
FAA63AA6-6EB9-4C6F-8EBE-96D4A18EC097.jpeg

Verniza

Reaction score

MrFingers

Reaction score
Hello everyone, seems like no one has posted pics of the Cerruti hopsack and a lot of you wanted to see if compared to the E. Thomas. So here ya go, I minimally edited the pictures to showcase what they look like in person.

Overall, the cerruti feels very luxurious. Key difference is it's more sturdy. Feels like it can hold it's shape better whereas the E.Thomas has a softer feel, probably due to the cashmere. While the E.T. is more of a blue blue hopsack, the cerruti has a sort of steel gray/almost purple like tone although it's very very low key up close. Lastly the texture is almost rougher compared to the E.T yet seems like it has better airflow. Both fairly lightweight but the cerruti more so.

PS: Selling this E.T since it's a size smaller (38R contemporary).

@DonRaphael here ya go mate!

Attachments

• DSC00257pic 1.JPG
    DSC00257pic 1.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC00258pic 2.JPG
    DSC00258pic 2.JPG
    304.9 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC00259pic 3.JPG
    DSC00259pic 3.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC00260pic 4.JPG
    DSC00260pic 4.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC00261pic 5.JPG
    DSC00261pic 5.JPG
    267.5 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC00262pic 6.JPG
    DSC00262pic 6.JPG
    352.3 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC00266pic 7.JPG
    DSC00266pic 7.JPG
    294.7 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC00268pic 8.JPG
    DSC00268pic 8.JPG
    279.4 KB · Views: 124

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, seems like no one has posted pics of the Cerruti hopsack and a lot of you wanted to see if compared to the E. Thomas. So here ya go, I minimally edited the pictures to showcase what they look like in person.

Overall, the cerruti feels very luxurious. Key difference is it's more sturdy. Feels like it can hold it's shape better whereas the E.Thomas has a softer feel, probably due to the cashmere. While the E.T. is more of a blue blue hopsack, the cerruti has a sort of steel gray/almost purple like tone although it's very very low key up close. Lastly the texture is almost rougher compared to the E.T yet seems like it has better airflow. Both fairly lightweight but the cerruti more so.

PS: Selling this E.T since it's a size smaller (38R contemporary).

@DonRaphael here ya go mate!
Thanks, mate. Can't wait for mine to arrive. Looks like it'll go well with my newly acquired matt smoke grey trousers.

EddieK

Reaction score
Quick question to those have bought a custom MTO jacket and pants separate (same fabric code). In situations where the fabric is not available as a suit. Have you had issues with slight differences in colors/shades between the jacket and pants?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question to those have bought a custom MTO jacket and pants separate (same fabric code). In situations where the fabric is not available as a suit. Have you had issues with slight differences in colors/shades between the jacket and pants?
Usually they would belong to the same roll of fabric, thus there shouldn't be any variance. I think S&M stocks all their fabrics that are available through MTO. Thus, this should be a non-issue.

However, I purchased a jacket 3 seasons ago. I wanted to add the matching trousers this season and was told that they don't stock the fabric anymore and that they would need to order it from the supplier. In this case, S&M disclosed that there's a risk of a slight variance in shade.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

preid

Reaction score
Usually they would belong to the same roll of fabric, thus there shouldn't be any variance. I think S&M stocks all their fabrics that are available through MTO. Thus, this should be a non-issue.

However, I purchased a jacket 3 seasons ago. I wanted to add the matching trousers this season and was told that they don't stock the fabric anymore and that they would need to order it from the supplier. In this case, S&M disclosed that there's a risk of a slight variance in shade.
Definitely a risk - depending on your risk tolerance, you might get S&M to send a swatch your way at your expense to confirm. I have a pair of mid-gray minnis fresco trousers from another vendor & had S&M make up an MTO jacket - absolutely no difference in shade

MrFingers

Reaction score
Thanks! That would be much appreciated, looking forward.

So torn between

That I think a live shot will probably help me decide.
Here you go brother. I saturated the pictures so the green would show the way it appears in real life. It's probably not as lively as it seems in my edits but I think it's close enough. The blue is also not that strong lol.

Also if you can, swing both of them. I was in the same mindset, only got the linen cause I already had the pants. But id suggest the VBC if you don't feel like wearing it as a suit.

Attachments

• DSC00272green1.JPG
    DSC00272green1.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC00273green2.JPG
    DSC00273green2.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC00274green3.JPG
    DSC00274green3.JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 112

MrFingers

Reaction score
Did anyone get a green gun club from spier in size 40 when instead you should’ve received the fox brothers jacket instead? Cause that’s what I got in today by mistake lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads