• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dapperclassic

Reaction score
Is it this seasons? Not sure if it’s the post editing but looks very gray, seems to be a much more rich olive green in their website. Regardless, looks great. How do you like it?
Yes, it's this seasons - i'd say my pics are accurate, very little editing has been applied to them. Taken under natural daylight and a softbox running at 20% output.

For me, the shade of green was exactly what I was looking for, it's a bit more conservative than last years emerald linen and green seersucker.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve had like 5 shirts MTO’d in western style from Oxford to Twill to Linen. Just specified western style with pearl snaps in comments. Turned out amazing. My favorite shirts.
So the MTO process, just push Buy and wait a couple months for delivery of a finished shirt, or is there more back and forth?

JorgeAGR

Reaction score
@spiermackay Good day, I got two questions for y'all:

1) Any plans for a raincoat of sorts coming soon?
2) When ordering an MTO suit with the English cut, would it be possible to request it to be double breasted in the notes?

Thanks! You guys keep doing what you're doing.

MrFingers

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest whether I should stick with my current size (32 contemporary) or size up and take in the waist and lower leg? My thighs are too damn thick for these and it seems to affect my ability to keep my crotch looking normal. I can’t seem to put my phone and wallet in the pockets but then again I’d rather not do that anyways. I mean some pics they look great, and they’re not uncomfortable per se, I just wonder if a bigger size would fit me better. Thoughts?

Attachments

dangaa

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest whether I should stick with my current size (32 contemporary) or size up and take in the waist and lower leg? My thighs are too damn thick for these and it seems to affect my ability to keep my crotch looking normal. I can’t seem to put my phone and wallet in the pockets but then again I’d rather not do that anyways. I mean some pics they look great, and they’re not uncomfortable per se, I just wonder if a bigger size would fit me better. Thoughts?
I would size up and take in the waist if you need to. You gain an extra half inch in the thighs as well.

They look tight right now in the seat and I cant imagine sitting down in those.

MrFingers

Reaction score
I would size up and take in the waist if you need to. You gain an extra half inch in the thighs as well.

They look tight right now in the seat and I cant imagine sitting down in those.
You think a 33 would do the trick? Or try the 34? I really should’ve taken better pics before hemming these :(

dangaa

Reaction score
You think a 33 would do the trick? Or try the 34? I really should’ve taken better pics before hemming these :(
I think if you go up two sizes the pockets may start to flare out but I can't speak from personal experience. Whether or not the tabs will hold the pants up is another issue (especially as you haven't mentioned the 32 waist being too tight).

I've only gone up one size myself. I suppose as these are flat front and not pleated you might be able to get away with it. At this point you may as well order both to try for future reference (assuming sizes are available still).

I'm sure someone has gone through the exercise on here.

Have you thought about letting the seat out? I've done that successfully with SM pants and it might be just enough to salvage these (assuming you aren't comfortable wearing them as-is).

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(imho) I Would Size Up, Your (cooper) Shirt Is Relaxed, You Don't Want Your Trousers To Be Tight, This Looks Tight... :fonz:

MrFingers

Reaction score
I think if you go up two sizes the pockets may start to flare out but I can't speak from personal experience. Whether or not the tabs will hold the pants up is another issue (especially as you haven't mentioned the 32 waist being too tight).

I've only gone up one size myself. I suppose as these are flat front and not pleated you might be able to get away with it. At this point you may as well order both to try for future reference (assuming sizes are available still).

I'm sure someone has gone through the exercise on here.

Have you thought about letting the seat out? I've done that successfully with SM pants and it might be just enough to salvage these (assuming you aren't comfortable wearing them as-is).
I wasn’t aware I could let out the seat! That may just work.
Waist fits perfect, sitting down isn’t terrible or anything, just tight. But i may just do that and call it a day with these. I’ll try both 34 and 33 on a few pairs and see what works best

dangaa

Reaction score
I wasn’t aware I could let out the seat! That may just work.
Waist fits perfect, sitting down isn’t terrible or anything, just tight. But i may just do that and call it a day with these. I’ll try both 34 and 33 on a few pairs and see what works best
Rick may be able to tell you exactly how much you can let out in the seat. I let out the waist and had the seat taken out at the same time.

If I recall correctly it was on a pair of coverts from last season that didn't have too much give in the fabric. Worked like a charm.

Good luck and report back!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.