• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SteveMc

Reaction score
@spiermackay , is there any hope in knit polos being restocked in the larger sizes this summer? Looks like they were popular and mostly sold out.

(I was looking for a Burnt Sienna in XL)
@spiermackay seconding this request and also wanting to know if you're planning a long sleeve version of the knit polos for the F/W. I know you did a merino long sleeve polo, but I much prefer cotton to wool for casual wear..

I think S&M mentioned on an earlier post that, unfortunately, cannot restock the knit polos.

I added notify me alerts to the colors and sizes I want, who knows...

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first MTO: Drago Brown Slub, wool-silk-linen.
  • I love the fabric, very nice weight
  • Not as dark in real life as in the site pictures - good, that's what I was looking for
  • Does not have the 'Drago' patch as in the OTR offerings - is this normal for MTO?
  • The shoulder shirring is more pronounced than OTR, I like it
Any feedback on the fit?

P.S. The burgundy loafers are beautiful

View attachment 1623341

View attachment 1623342

View attachment 1623343

Sir, Would Love Too See More Pictures In A Different Setting, Can't Really See The Texture Of The Jacket, But It's One I Wanted (OTR) And Missed... :fonz:

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last years E.Thomas wool, silk, linen hopsack. Stumbled across it in my size a few weeks ago.

764FFC73-ED08-4A8E-A039-C89BEE7509BD.jpeg

20C6FC6C-34FE-4C09-9575-352DE7758811.jpeg

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of the Green Herringbone - Linen Wool - Neapolitan Cut? Spier and Mackay's photos are never... really accurate when it comes to the actual colors...
The pictures are pretty accurate, its just a difficult cloth to photograph.

Anybody have IRL photos of the Guabello pale green h'bone? Sure looks like a winner for summer.
Wondering about the shade of green, is it olive or??
It's a mix of green and white yarns so the effect is different based on distance, light angle, etc. However, it's definitely not olive.

Some pictures in the spoiler below.
Indirect sunlight
UoyDVw5.jpg

Direct sunlight closeup
2pddpjD.jpg

Taken with a Pixel 3

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DO NOT SHOOT ME, BUT....

Which of these would you wear as either a sport coat OR with the matching SHORTS? I'm a huge fan of DB, and I have yet to try out a SM DB jacket. However.... I think the neo would also be nicer to wear with the shorts (and may be cooler when it is warm outside).

1623446434250.png
1623446444717.png

JorgeAGR

Reaction score
DO NOT SHOOT ME, BUT....

Which of these would you wear as either a sport coat OR with the matching SHORTS? I'm a huge fan of DB, and I have yet to try out a SM DB jacket. However.... I think the neo would also be nicer to wear with the shorts (and may be cooler when it is warm outside).

View attachment 1623371 View attachment 1623372

DB would make for an AMAZING SC (You got me pondering now...), but I think SB would be better for a shorts look.

acg2010

Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on replacing the white MOP buttons with black/grey MOP buttons on the twill peak lapel sportcoat?

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What size are the trousers?

33 Slim. I'm wondering whether to go up to a 35 slim or stick to 34 (but in slim or contemp). 33 slim is very tight in the waist (won't button the buttons for fear of popping them) and in the rise. I, however, like the fit through the thighs and the diameter of the leg opening.

dapperedhoo

Reaction score
@spiermackay Hey Rick, quick question. I have a $100 unused e-gift card from late 2017 that I am trying to use but it’s saying at checkout that the code isn’t working when I try either gift card option. Any help? Would be happy to send over the email with the pdf and code. Thank you!

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$100 off weekend flash sale on select sportcoats just started. Just grabbed this. I'm thinking of it with a really beautiful pair of Air Force blue Zanella trousers that I just picked up from being finished by Nick at Oak Street Tailors.

SpierAndMackay21SS_6684F-300-13_27824-Edit.jpg

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
33 Slim. I'm wondering whether to go up to a 35 slim or stick to 34 (but in slim or contemp). 33 slim is very tight in the waist (won't button the buttons for fear of popping them) and in the rise. I, however, like the fit through the thighs and the diameter of the leg opening.

Let the waist out. Should have near 2" to do so.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay Hey Rick, quick question. I have a $100 unused e-gift card from late 2017 that I am trying to use but it’s saying at checkout that the code isn’t working when I try either gift card option. Any help? Would be happy to send over the email with the pdf and code. Thank you!

Email CS at [email protected] they might have to retrive it from the old system.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads