• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should we do Side Tabs or Belt Loops on High-Rise Moleskin Trousers?

• Side Tabs

Votes: 132 69.8%
  • Belt Loops

Votes: 57 30.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sonny8

Reaction score
Just have your chinos altered in the waist. Why would you complicate things with adding/removing features of another, totally different type of pants?

apd90700

Reaction score
Just have your chinos altered in the waist. Why would you complicate things with adding/removing features of another, totally different type of pants?
If the Easy Pant was RTW with the added features there wouldn't be a need to alter the Chino waist. Also, the Chino waist fits, but feels different, it doesn't fit like a glove as the Easy Pant does.

zurich64

Reaction score
@spiermackay et al. -- Thoughts on belt loops included in the Easy Pant? I like the waist feel of the Easy Pant, but hard to style them up if we can't hide the draw strings. If there were belt loops, could always place the strings underneath, or tucked into the pant. Realize the point of the draw strings is to avoid belt loops, but thinking it's a decent trade off to include them for wardrobe versatility.
I have similar easy pants from another place, drawstrings are inside, and belt loops are also there, so these can be worn with or without a belt, This is something easy to change in the future.

In the current form, these are like lounge pants/pajamas.

teddyc4

Reaction score
@spiermackay I generally get a 42 slim in the Neo sportcoats but the chest is pulling (my chest is 43"). Thinking of sizing up but prefer the slim cut, which isn't available above 42.

I'm pondering buying a 44 and having the waist taken in, but would I lose anything else by moving to contemporary? For instance, I've read that the armholes may be higher in the slim.

Thanks for any tips.

Last edited:

teddyc4

Reaction score
@spiermackay Yet another knit-polo fit question: I'm seeing the advice to size up and am wondering if that'd result in a too-big neck opening. Would the XL work for a 16" neck? (Trying to avoid a sloppy-collar look if I wear the polo under a sportcoat.)

Thanks again.

sid11111

Reaction score
Ok Gents. What do we want to see next Spring/Summer?
Easy drawstring shorts with some linen content at least.

Short sleeve popovers in muted casual summer fabrics like linen and madras.

Since the start of the pandemic I've worn trousers and proper shirts less than 10 times and that was only because we were temporarily made to go back to office.

With my literal stacks of NWT shirts and trousers waiting to be opened I can't see myself buying anything less than casual wear in the foreseeable few years. Some of the madras shirts released this year were fire but I just couldn't bring myself to buy them.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.