• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you wear Spier and Mackay to your commencement...
Sportcoat: SM bottle green Minnis fresco Neo
Shirt: SM lavender bengal stripe
Trews: SM grey Minnis fresco
1621263331585.jpeg

apd90700

Reaction score
Anyone have and wear the "easy pants?" How do you usually style them?

Last edited:

apd90700

Reaction score
@spiermackay et al. -- Thoughts on belt loops included in the Easy Pant? I like the waist feel of the Easy Pant, but hard to style them up if we can't hide the draw strings. If there were belt loops, could always place the strings underneath, or tucked into the pant. Realize the point of the draw strings is to avoid belt loops, but thinking it's a decent trade off to include them for wardrobe versatility.

apd90700

Reaction score
If you don't like the drawstring, then why not just get the chinos? It's basically the same pant otherwise
Waist is a little better on the Easy Pant imo. Bought both, like the feel of the Easy Pant, but the external draw strings are throwing me off on how to style them.

Or, have internal drawstrings instead?

apd90700

Reaction score
What do we think about if there were buttons placed where the belt loops usually are, and the loop was on the inside seam of the pant waist? Then if you wanted, you could pull the loops forward to the button, and have belt loops. The button being exposed without the loop could be an interesting embellishment.

Potatoe

Reaction score
Anyone have and wear the "easy pants?" How do you usually style them?

I have a pair, and was also wondering.

I just went with a white t-**** and sneakers. I think they would also work with a casual button down and boots / loafers.

Bit of an odd item tbh. They are very casual but not very light weight. I like them and they are very comfortable but I don't think I would buy another pair.

Last edited:

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t wear the easy pants with anything tucked in, so I’m indifferent on the belt loop discussion. For me I’d wear them with a camp shirt, or maybe a t-shirt with a denim (or other) over shirt, unbuttoned?

Hearing that they are heavy kind of puts me off though. I would definitely want them to be lighter and softer than a pair of chinos.

apd90700

Reaction score
I have a pair, and was also wondering what this.

I just went with a white t-**** and sneakers. I think they would also work with a casual button down and boots / loafers.

Bit of an odd item tbh. They are very casual but not very light weight. I like them and they are very comfortable but I don't think I would buy another pair.
Yeah, that's my thought. They're basically the Chinos, but with better waist fit. Though the external draw string really necessitates an untucked shirt to make the look work, at which point the bulging knot in front makes a well fitting shirt look off. If you go for a tucked shirt, you wind up looking like you're maybe wearing an upscale sweat pant.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics