• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should we do Side Tabs or Belt Loops on High-Rise Moleskin Trousers?

• Side Tabs

Votes: 124 70.9%
  • Belt Loops

Votes: 51 29.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My fiance took this S&M suit to a bad tailor, who unfortunately shortened the jacket too much. We are hoping to salvage it for our wedding; is it all that bad??
It looks absolutely fine. Congrats on the wedding.

sfny

Reaction score
I would love to take advantage of the Marling & Evans sale for MTO sports coats, but I'm pretty risk-adverse, and it is very hard to imagine what a jacket looks like from a small piece of fabric. It would be great if Spier & Mackay could post a few more pictures of finished jackets. I have my eye on a few of the darker, more conservative colors right now (Navy Glenn Check, Black & Gray Glenn Check, and Brown PoW). Any help S&M?

NikG

Reaction score
A neo sportcoat in this perfect POW (and matching high rise trousers). Natalino has it this season and Drakes had it last season.
+1

This would be a great summer suit. I’d prefer flap pockets, but I know most will probably prefer patch. But would be an instant purchase either way.

wilcthree

Reaction score
Ok Gents. What do we want to see next Spring/Summer?
- Moar high rise Minnis fresco trews of the 9oz/10oz variety.
- Moar high rise Quest cotton trews, perhaps experimenting with texture. A more pronounced twill that toes the line between dress up/down, for example.
-Butcher striped shirts in more summer/spring colors that can be worn sans tie but a sportcoat and trews.
- Lightweight OCBDs with Italian button down collar.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score

Joking aside, I love the look of these new knit polos, but can’t help but think I’m not extraordinarily handsome enough to pull them off.
Eh, sometimes Derek gets a bit too deep into his "Silly iGent, I've transcended through the #menswear curtain! Behold my cotton sportcoat, jeans, and split toe derbies and despair! Waaahh silhouette!" schtick. It's just a shirt. Now if you buy it and think it will teleport you to the endless Riviera summer of 1958 where you suddenly look like a young Jude Law, that's just silly cosplay (plus spoiler alert Jude isn't in the movie for very long but he does bang a young Gwyneth Paltrow so I guess he was there for a good time not a long time....). If the fit is good the colors and textures harmonize, and you can wear it honestly, then there's nothing to "pull off" so go for it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.