• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should we do Side Tabs or Belt Loops on High-Rise Moleskin Trousers?

• Side Tabs

Votes: 132 69.8%
  • Belt Loops

Votes: 57 30.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @spiermackay
Your short sleeved linen shirts look short, in the photos.
But the size/fit chart for them (in my size) shows standard dress shirt length.
Do they have the shorter 'untucked' length or are they standard length ?
The short sleeves are untucked. I'll have to check on that.

cr2596

Reaction score
Yo, if y’all didn’t get the cigar linen suit separates a couple years ago, get this redo. I love mine and wear it a lot, but that wasn’t always the case. I only bought it because I was settling, after missing out on the tobacco. When I first got it, the color intimidated me. I really only wore them as SC and trousers. Once I got over that, it became clear how versatile it is and how easy it is to make it sing. If you were hesitant at all for this reason, don’t be.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay / @SpierTeam - For your high rise contemporary trousers, how many inches could be taken in at the waist. For example, size 32 has a waist size of 33.5. Would I be able to take in 1.5 inches at the waist?
You can. Waist no problem. Seat is ok too, depending on how much you're bringing that in. But 1.5" shouldn't be an issue.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
There are 2 popovers listed on the site, one "Navy Popover" and one "Navy - Linen Popover". They seem to be exactly the same with both being 100% Irish linen, but one is $55 and one is $49. What gives? In the pictures, one might be a little darker. Are they different linen?
Different linen supply

sid11111

Reaction score
All Spier- linen/wool, linen/cotton, fresco:
View attachment 1608519

those textures tho:
View attachment 1608520

I love these shirts, but if I had one thing to nitpick, its that the cuffs are SO. DAMN. NARROW. I could maaaaaaybe get a true dress watch under there (something like a Cartier tank or JLC MUT), but I'm wearing a Seamaster today and have to wear that cuff unbuttoned.

Edit: yeah, not a chance-
View attachment 1608534
I second this. I must have larger than average wrists because I can never get any of my watches to fit under the buttoned cuff of a SM shirt

motorchang

Reaction score
Yo, if y’all didn’t get the cigar linen suit separates a couple years ago, get this redo. I love mine and wear it a lot, but that wasn’t always the case. I only bought it because I was settling, after missing out on the tobacco. When I first got it, the color intimidated me. I really only wore them as SC and trousers. Once I got over that, it became clear how versatile it is and how easy it is to make it sing. If you were hesitant at all for this reason, don’t be.
What color of trousers will go well with the cigar SC?

alkydrinker

Reaction score
I love these shirts, but if I had one thing to nitpick, its that the cuffs are SO. DAMN. NARROW. I could maaaaaaybe get a true dress watch under there (something like a Cartier tank or JLC MUT), but I'm wearing a Seamaster today and have to wear that cuff unbuttoned.
I second this. I must have larger than average wrists because I can never get any of my watches to fit under the buttoned cuff of a SM shirt
I wonder if something is going with their shirt factory and messing up the cuff width.

I had a go-around with cuff size on some custom shirts. Here is what happened to me -

Very first MTM shirt - specified 9.5" cuff; received 10.25" cuff

Replacement first shirt with adjustments - specified 8.75"; received 9.5" (I'm thinking "ok fine...the factory doesn't follow the same measuring guideline specified on the website, so I just enter a smaller cuff size and get what I actually want - about a 3/4" larger than specified, which worked in this case")

Shirts 2 & 3 - specified 8.75"; received 8.75" (gaaa, these are too small to wear, and after an email argument the custom team agreed to replace them)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.