• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should we do Side Tabs or Belt Loops on High-Rise Moleskin Trousers?

• Side Tabs

Votes: 132 69.8%
  • Belt Loops

Votes: 57 30.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TREEZEES

Reaction score
You blow Drake's away now, even without consideration to their outlandish pricing. Besides always having been a bit troublesome for those of us under 6 foot, Drake's took an aesthetic left turn towards 1990's father who stopped caring and realized he forgot the orange slices for his kids' soccer match:

View attachment 1604965
"Ugh, how will I get that mud out of the minivan upholstery?"

But if you really want me to never visit their site again, you could create a Neo version of the Mk I games suit: ultra casual (especially summer) suit that can be thrown in the washing machine. Double-breasted version also welcome.;)
Would smash buy an affordable games suit!

Shoeaffic

Reaction score
@spiermackay I ordered this suit (https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/blue-pin-texture-10005-5933-2112-f1h1), which is advertised as patch pockets, 1/4 lining and spalla camiscia shoulders and, although the one I received seems to be same color/texture, it is fully lined, with flap pockets and lightly padded shoulder. These are three stylistic differences that make a completely different suit (I was counting on using the jacket as a separate/SC). Is this a mistake in the description, or was I just sent a different suit than was advertised/bought? Wrote a few days ago with no answer.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay I ordered this suit (https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/blue-pin-texture-10005-5933-2112-f1h1), which is advertised as patch pockets, 1/4 lining and spalla camiscia shoulders and, although the one I received seems to be same color/texture, it is fully lined, with flap pockets and lightly padded shoulder. These are three stylistic differences that make a completely different suit (I was counting on using the jacket as a separate/SC). Is this a mistake in the description, or was I just sent a different suit than was advertised/bought? Wrote a few days ago with no answer.
My email from over a week ago has gone unanswered by their customer service as well. Purchased two suits, asked for the 20% off coupon to be applied since my order was the day before…no reply.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
DM me the order#

We only have 2 people running CS and they do get back to everyone. They try to get back within 48 hours. That said, whenever a sale runs on tailoring they get innundated.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My email from over a week ago has gone unanswered by their customer service as well. Purchased two suits, asked for the 20% off coupon to be applied since my order was the day before…no reply.
DM the order#

Same deal. See above. Just a heads up for the 20% to be applied there is a price adjustment policy that is followed. It will be retroactive to the day/time you emailed.

MrFingers

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good tailor in Houston? Have over 10 pairs that need to be hemmed and cuffed but don’t know where to take them

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay Rick, if looking to add some things to custom, would it be easier to add a little click box for add ons before adding to cart that people may often email about to add, or add in notes? I am just thinking things like unfused collar/cuffs, pre-wash fabric before cutting, etc. May save some confusion and time.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good tailor in Houston? Have over 10 pairs that need to be hemmed and cuffed but don’t know where to take them
Nick Lopez in the Galleria area, I do all my stuff there (primarily hemming and a 1.75" cuff- IIRC its about $20 per pair). They do bespoke and are constantly complimenting the quality of the S&M stuff I bring in.

Coincidentally, I just picked up 6 pairs of pants last week and will be picking up 3 more pairs this week- seems like everyone bought a bunch of stuff during COVID that just sat in the closet lol

MrFingers

Reaction score
Nick Lopez in the Galleria area, I do all my stuff there (primarily hemming and a 1.75" cuff- IIRC its about $20 per pair). They do bespoke and are constantly complimenting the quality of the S&M stuff I bring in.

Coincidentally, I just picked up 6 pairs of pants last week and will be picking up 3 more pairs this week- seems like everyone bought a bunch of stuff during COVID that just sat in the closet lol
Thank you! I was browsing the threads and saw you also recommended another tailor “memorial tailors” a couple years ago. Any reason you moved away from them?

also, is the $20ish per pair pretty standard for hem and cuff? I’ve only ever hemmed at Burlington for like $10 bucks back in highschool lol

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be going back to the office in the next few weeks.
Yeah, most people I know seem to be going back 6/1. My office has been two days a week since March, but 6/1 we're back in full time. I've been noticing downtown has been busier over the past few weeks.

Thank you! I was browsing the threads and saw you also recommended another tailor “memorial tailors” a couple years ago. Any reason you moved away from them?

also, is the $20ish per pair pretty standard for hem and cuff? I’ve only ever hemmed at Burlington for like $10 bucks back in highschool lol
Story time lol:
Unfortunately I can't recommend them anymore after my last experience there. There was a guy who worked there (Charlie) that was AWESOME- he knew exactly how I liked stuff to fit and he could start pinning items without any instruction. We got to the point where I could walk in, put on a pair of pants, he'd come out and pin them while on the phone and never saying a word to me, and I could pick them up without trying them on and know that it would be perfect. He did pretty complex stuff too (like shortening a jacket sleeve with a functional cuff from the shoulder, which had gussets- $90 alteration and flawlessly executed). A couple years back he moved to a different location in the Cypress area and the Bunker Hill location hasn't been the same since- the primary issue was pants that ended up way too short or with different leg lengths (which is my most common alteration). I also noticed in comparing pairs that were done before and after the change that stitching quality had taken a nosedive. After 4 attempts on a pair of S&M suit pants (and, around that time, they sent some of my wife's clothes home with a different customer), I took them to Nick Lopez and never looked back.

$20 is pretty standard I think, IIRC I think I paid $15-$17 at Memorial back in the day. The only places that I really see cheaper are dry cleaners- nothing against them, but if I'm paying $150 for a pair of pants, I'd like a tailor to be the one to do the work on them.

Edit: I should add the caveat that I’m super OCD when it comes to fit/silhouette, and since I like no break on my pants, it’s a very small margin of error between ”perfect” and “way too short”. Some people might have been fine with the alterations I received, but one of the attempts ended up a full inch above my shoe. Thankfully there was a cuff so it could be corrected, but I have several suits with a plain hem because there wasn’t enough fabric for a cuff after they were cut too short.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.