• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should we do Side Tabs or Belt Loops on High-Rise Moleskin Trousers?

• Side Tabs

Votes: 132 69.8%
  • Belt Loops

Votes: 57 30.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the rust linen jacket. I might me in a minority but as a night working, vampire ginger I actually need a linen jacket and a hat in the sun. And actually finding a good linen summer jacket is so, so much harder than it should be. The only critique I'd say is there's not enough taper below the draw string. I agree with the sizing advice of going true to size but if you don't want a box fit the drawstring can only get you so far because it can't do anything for the frumpiness on the hips. I did a little guerilla Covid tailoring and added 3 inches to the dart that is in the back already, below the drawstring. That really makes it pop.

This is a before and after. The drawstring is cinched the same amount in both.

View attachment 1606010

View attachment 1606011
That turned out great! Very tempted to pick up aNatural but the rust is nice there. Any comment on the fabric weight?

MrFingers

Reaction score
Got the rust linen jacket. I might me in a minority but as a night working, vampire ginger I actually need a linen jacket and a hat in the sun. And actually finding a good linen summer jacket is so, so much harder than it should be. The only critique I'd say is there's not enough taper below the draw string. I agree with the sizing advice of going true to size but if you don't want a box fit the drawstring can only get you so far because it can't do anything for the frumpiness on the hips. I did a little guerilla Covid tailoring and added 3 inches to the dart that is in the back already, below the drawstring. That really makes it pop.

View attachment 1606010

View attachment 1606011
Damn dude. The way the color scheme is paired here is excellent. A piece that seems to be mostly formal made seem quite informal and looks so so good. I kinda want one but I’m not ginger, or a vampire, or have good luscious long hair so not sure which color would fit me best

siddeh

Reaction score

View attachment 1606010

View attachment 1606011
Damn, I love your hair.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Guys real quick.

Suede Trucker and A1 Flight Jacket.

We only have budget to run 2 colours.

What colours?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have a sample of shades? One mans whiskey could be another man's snuff.
Not at the moment. Once I have an idea, I have to request. The factory makes everything on demand, including colours.

But feel free to post pics of a colour you like. Just make sure it's not a pic from another SF Affiliate.

dangaa

Reaction score
A poll would probably be easiest, Rick, if you've got a few colors in mind already.

With only two I'd love to see an earth tone as one of the options whether it be chocolate, whiskey, snuff, sand etc. Swatches would help significantly.

CMAc7

Reaction score
Honestly the two colors of suede you are running on your shoes is probably in the fairway.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree either your Volpe or Tobacco shoe suede for the A1 and Mocha or Tobacco for the Trucker

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A poll would probably be easiest, Rick, if you've got a few colors in mind already.

With only two I'd love to see an earth tone as one of the options whether it be chocolate, whiskey, snuff, sand etc. Swatches would help significantly.
I still have no idea how to set that up on here. Haha.

I wanted to run 3, Whisky/Snuff, Chocolate and a Mossy Green. But can only do 2 now due to budget.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.