• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should we do Side Tabs or Belt Loops on High-Rise Moleskin Trousers?

• Side Tabs

Votes: 132 69.8%
  • Belt Loops

Votes: 57 30.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'd love an oatmeal coloured cashmere cloth for MTO that is not too smooth. Pretty much the same shade as Simon Crompton's Elia Caliendo one
Di Pray, Cerrutti, Delfino, Carlo Barbera and Piacenza all have great cashmere. We'll start with the staple Navy and go from there. We can get cuts from Barbera and Piacenza but they are $$$$

Speaking of upcoming FW drops, how did it go with the waxed canvas jackets you showed prototypes for a while back?
In production.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nice! Given your high rise trousers are more of a mid/high rise, would you consider increasing the u-rise on the jeans? not to the proportions of dress trousers meant to be worn strictly with a jacket but some type of happy middle?

Somewhat related, any plans to increase the rise on the OTR high rise trousers? Any planned changes to the trouser pattern in the medium-term?

(I understand I have far surpassed my daily allowance of questions...:))
How high to go on them? The contemporary 34 is 11 7/8", so already near 12". Higher than that and it can get comical and hyper niche. If you are looking for higher, MTO/MTM are always options.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New t-shirts and underwear? Really going with the basics now, nothing like quality in stuff I wear everyday lol

Looking forward to these. Think they would be ready for this FW or looking at next year? Unfortunately the original 5 pocket cords in 30 Slim fit me great, feel like the new 30 Slim would have too much room at waist and can't adjust.
The old 30 slim was too small in the waist for most. Had a ton of returns because of it. The new ones are checking out much better. Have you tried the new ones? The entire pattern was adjusted, not just the waist. The new ones have a contoured/curved waist that fits better too. The Denim waist will follow this.

alkydrinker

Reaction score
Whoa that would be amazing. Throat latch possible ;)?
Sure. We did it OTR in one of our jackets.
@spiermackay, you are positive that you can do a throat latch on MTM sport coats? I ask bc I ordered a jacket in November 2020, requested a throat latch in the notes, and was told by email that it’s not possible (I believe the person responding was named Harris). I know at least a few other guys are really interested in a throat latch (it was discussed many pages back) and we were all under the impression it’s not an available feature.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay, you are positive that you can do a throat latch on MTM sport coats? I ask bc I ordered a jacket in November 2020, requested a throat latch in the notes, and was told by email that it’s not possible (I believe the person responding was named Harris). I know at least a few other guys are really interested in a throat latch (it was discussed many pages back) and we were all under the impression it’s not an available feature.
Depends if it's the style that's part of the collar or one that's a separate piece added on. Do you have a pic of the style you are asking about?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

alkydrinker

Reaction score
Depends if it's the style that's part of the collar or one that's a separate piece added on. Do you have a pic of the style you are asking about?
I know exactly what you are talking about regarding the throat latch being part of the collar vs separate piece. I’d prefer a separate piece, but would be ok with either.
My big question to you is - what is possible for your factory?

—————————-
cc: @WhyUEarly

I second the throat latch. Frankly that feature would push me to MTO everything with SM.
[/QUOTE]

Rafsan

Reaction score
@spiermackay Any chance on adding a mock neck sweater to the roster, in similar wool to the knit polos from last FW? And/or more wool knit polo colors this upcoming FW?

JayDee90

Reaction score
How high to go on them? The contemporary 34 is 11 7/8", so already near 12". Higher than that and it can get comical and hyper niche. If you are looking for higher, MTO/MTM are always options.
The sizing chart for 34 contemp trousers show a u rise of 10.8". Am I looking at the wrong measurements? I have noticed that while the front rise is usually ok when sizing up, tailoring down the waist on dress trousers, it is the back rise I still have an issue with, i.e. too short. This could also be me having a larger than average seat so as you stated, MTO will likely be the route of least resistance...With these tempting releases each season, you can't you blame me for wanting to make OTR work!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sizing chart for 34 contemp trousers show a u rise of 10.8". Am I looking at the wrong measurements? I have noticed that while the front rise is usually ok when sizing up, tailoring down the waist on dress trousers, it is the back rise I still have an issue with, i.e. too short. This could also be me having a larger than average seat so as you stated, MTO will likely be the route of least resistance...With these tempting releases each season, you can't you blame me for wanting to make OTR work!
Can't adjust back rise through MTO, unfortunately. Already asked as I'm suffering from the same issue as you.

I wish S&M would allow for adjustment of back rise and also adjusting the rise at certain points, i.e. at crotch or waist which means that you'd be able to make the U wider in addition to making it higher.

I'd probably commission all my trousers and suits from S&M if that was the case. Heck, with the amount or SCs I'm commissioning from them and with the incoming MTO options for outwear, I'd probably just ask my employer to transfer my salary to S&M to save us all some time.
200.gif

Last edited:

joman8390

Reaction score
Di Pray, Cerrutti, Delfino, Carlo Barbera and Piacenza all have great cashmere. We'll start with the staple Navy and go from there. We can get cuts from Barbera and Piacenza but they are $$$$

In production.
Speaking of oatmeal, any chance of the oatmeal tweed sport coat coming back?

JayDee90

Reaction score
Can't adjust back rise through MTO, unfortunately. Already asked as I'm suffering from the same issue as you.

I wish S&M would allow for adjustment of back rise and also adjusting the rise at certain points, i.e. at crotch or waist which means that you'd be able to make the U wider in addition to making it higher.

I'd probably commission all my trousers and suits from S&M if that was the case. Heck, with the amount or SCs I'm commissioning from them and with the incoming MTO options for outwear, I'd probably just ask my employer to transfer my salary to S&M to save us all some time.
View attachment 1595533
Working with them on a MTM and in the last fitting I was also told that the u rise is all they could adjust so this looks like something that even their current MTM cannot account for. I was under the impression that initially (about a year ago) we were able to adjust front and back rise seperately. @spiermackay can you confirm this is indeed the case?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.