• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should we do Side Tabs or Belt Loops on High-Rise Moleskin Trousers?

• Side Tabs

Votes: 130 69.9%
  • Belt Loops

Votes: 56 30.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone have any feedback on the updated sweatshirts? I'm wearing mine at least 3x a week now. Wearing it now as I type this.

Sweatshirts are a pretty ubiquitous item, but to find something solid at a reasonable price was a challenge. I think these at $48 USD offer a solid value. Fabric is really great IMO. Wash well, and break in like an old school sweat.

Potatoe

Reaction score
So I was a bit disapointed that there is no 31 slim in trousers so I ordered a 32. Turns out the 32 is actually smaller than the cords in 31.

They will have to go back which is a minor annoyance.

That said, the trousers are awesome. Even my wife picked them up off the coffee table and commented on the quality. I'm actually not sure how S&M can deliver such high quality stuff at these prices.

Looking forward to getting some in my size

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I stumbled onto the great Thomas Pink fire sale during lockdown. 3 dress shirts for $39 each. Two made in Como Grenadine ties for $24 each plus a made in the UK woven silk tie for $19 and a made in the UK cashmere sweater for $95. I walked away happy.

As for length, I didn't have S&M hem them. After the first wash or two, I'll take them in to my person for that.
Good, our old guy would hem them like Daisy Dukes.......lol I Kid, I kid. We sorted the hem issues. All is good now. Don't be afraid. Anyone who is not happy with the hem work, email CS, they will take care of you.

Beav

Reaction score
Anyone have any feedback on the updated sweatshirts? I'm wearing mine at least 3x a week now. Wearing it now as I type this.

Sweatshirts are a pretty ubiquitous item, but to find something solid at a reasonable price was a challenge. I think these at $48 USD offer a solid value. Fabric is really great IMO. Wash well, and break in like an old school sweat.
Yeah I've got some new and old ones. Great product. I don't need new stuff all the time but I hope you guys keep them as an ongoing item.

The only thing I'd say is maybe add a dark forest green.

Love the product.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So I was a bit disapointed that there is no 31 slim in trousers so I ordered a 32. Turns out the 32 is actually smaller than the cords in 31.

They will have to go back which is a minor annoyance.

That said, the trousers are awesome. Even my wife picked them up off the coffee table and commented on the quality. I'm actually not sure how S&M can deliver such high quality stuff at these prices.

Looking forward to getting some in my size
How was everything else, other than the waist?

31 cords, have a finished waist of 33.

32 Trousers have a finished waist of 33.5. Keep in mind manufacturing tolerances. Trousers can be taken in/let out fairly easily. If all else fits well (hip/thigh/leg) better to adjust the waist. Changing sizes means all the other proportions will be changed too.

In terms of value. We think we offer fair value. Others just overcharge or under deliver in terms of quality.

Potatoe

Reaction score

I ordered one yesterday, looking forward to it.

And you're right, it is hard to find quality basics with no logo.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I initially didn't like mine as it seemed a bit too shiny and not as soft/broken in feeling like my classic uniqlo terry cotton grey melange. Though after wearing it a few times I started to like it more and the fit is so much better because it isn't a box. After I wash it a couple times I am sure it will become softer and age better. Any other casual basics coming like henley's or what not?
Good, our old guy would hem them like Daisy Dukes.......lol I Kid, I kid. We sorted the hem issues. All is good now. Don't be afraid. Anyone who is not happy with the hem work, email CS, they will take care of you.
What ended up being the issue with hemming? As some people got them perfect, while others got them butchered. Must have been a hit for you with some of those jobs

wilcthree

Reaction score
Hi,
I just received this one yesterday and the IRL color is the same as the picture on the SP website. I tried to take a picture but my Iphone 5 doesn't honnour it!
We need pics and feedback of the high rise Quest cottons, good sir. I have at least two pair in my cart and stand ready to mash “go” pending a favorable report.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I initially didn't like mine as it seemed a bit too shiny and not as soft/broken in feeling like my classic uniqlo terry cotton grey melange. Though after wearing it a few times I started to like it more and the fit is so much better because it isn't a box. After I wash it a couple times I am sure it will become softer and age better. Any other casual basics coming like henley's or what not?

What ended up being the issue with hemming? As some people got them perfect, while others got them butchered. Must have been a hit for you with some of those jobs
Different tailors. It is a human at the machine still.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We need pics and feedback of the high rise Quest cottons, good sir. I have at least two pair in my cart and stand ready to mash “go” pending a favorable report.
Mash now. You won't be disappointed. Keep in mind they are "dress" trousers and lean more formal.

wilcthree

Reaction score
Mash now. You won't be disappointed. Keep in mind they are "dress" trousers and lean more formal.
Solid. How’s the drape on them and the cut? Hoping they’re cut more full for a size 32 contemporary. I found some of the high rise FW 20 iterations (medium gray covert, caramel cords) in that size to be cut slimmer than normal. Asking since cotton can be a bit troublesome to tailor. Dressier cottons are for sure what I need.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The shine comes from the Extra Long Staple cotton used. It's similar to Pima and is a little more polished. It does go away in the wash. We are thinking to garment wash them on the next run.

As far as feeling broken in from the get go, as compared to say a Uniqlo, they use a lighter weight terry and peach it slightly. I think you can tell the weight difference between the two. We use a very dense knit. I'm contemplating of going to a slightly lighter knit as it seems most in this market segment want that out of the box softness. If you compare to better brands like RC, they are not overly treated. They need a slight break in period and that's what we wanted but at a better price.

We are planning on more basics and staples done the SPIER & MACKAY way. Quality driven/Value priced.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.