• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should we do Side Tabs or Belt Loops on High-Rise Moleskin Trousers?

• Side Tabs

Votes: 132 69.8%
  • Belt Loops

Votes: 57 30.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Angel91

Reaction score
Hello guys! Any European customers would like to share the experience of ordering from S&M?

Last edited:

Nonchalance.shop

Reaction score
@spiermackay
The Quest Cotton hi rise, Khaki, has a yellow undertone in the photo. Does the photo accurately represent the color iRL? Hope so, I kind of like the color as photographed.
Hi,
I just received this one yesterday and the IRL color is the same as the picture on the SP website. I tried to take a picture but my Iphone 5 doesn't honnour it!

Potatoe

Reaction score
Boarded the Safari hype train. Received it and immediately thought... when and where the heck would I wear this thing when it’s >90 out. Likely nowhere so it’s going back. This was the last 40 if anyone is looking for it. What I do like is the length and waist position compared to the F/W field jacket. I really hope they do this cut in a F/W version
If you get some tan shorts and a cute hat, you will have a perfect costume for Halloween.
:)

Potatoe

Reaction score
Nice, I'm loving my 5 pocket cords. It's looking like they'll be my gateway drug to the world of Spier & Mackay (S&M just didn't look right in that sentence!).
Yes I also have to comment on how much I love the cords.
I love the sweaters as well.

Duke Santos

Reaction score
My Green pair. They're a little loose, but I've lost a bunch of weight lately. I'll probably give them 5 or 10 minutes in a medium dryer and see what that does and then take them in for hemming.

qp75Fe.jpg

Shirt: Thomas Pink
Belt: AE Ranger Street
Shoes: AE Leiden Weaves

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is that a yes to closer in length to the topcoat or the balmacaan? Seems the balmacaan comes in about half a foot longer in length, hoping that it will be longer since a lot of trench coats these days follow the trend of being above the knee (which tends to cover the torso from rain rather well, but then the water just streams onto your knees and upper thighs).
Balmacaan length. Below the Knee. Humphy Bogart Style.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello guys! Any European customers would like to share the experience of ordering from S&M?
Ordering is easy. Depending on your country, you may get hit with Duties/VAT charges. We do offer a 50% credit on the duty portion to help offset it. Just email CS with your order# and copy of the receipt.

We ship via UPS, so speed is fairly good. Usually less than a week.

Returns suck as we can't offer a pick up service yet. Not going to lie about that. So returns are at the buyers expense UNLESS there is a product defect.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My Green pair. They're a little loose, but I've lost a bunch of weight lately. I'll probably give them 5 or 10 minutes in a medium dryer and see what that does and then take them in for hemming.

View attachment 1595200

Congrats on the weight loss! Cords look great!

Angel91

Reaction score
Thank you for the information! I’ll take it into consideration for future purchases. I was wondering also because of CETA agreement, but I see it doesn’t change anything for this type of product. I

Potatoe

Reaction score

View attachment 1595200

They look good but probably a touch too long. I like the shirt as well.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for the information! I’ll take it into consideration for future purchases. I was wondering also because of CETA agreement, but I see it doesn’t change anything for this type of product. I
CETA is for goods make in Canada or the EU. Most of our items are made in Asia, so they wouldn't come under the agreement.

Duke Santos

Reaction score
They look good but probably a touch too long. I like the shirt as well.
I stumbled onto the great Thomas Pink fire sale during lockdown. 3 dress shirts for $39 each. Two made in Como Grenadine ties for $24 each plus a made in the UK woven silk tie for $19 and a made in the UK cashmere sweater for $95. I walked away happy.

As for length, I didn't have S&M hem them. After the first wash or two, I'll take them in to my person for that.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.