• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should we do Side Tabs or Belt Loops on High-Rise Moleskin Trousers?

• Side Tabs

Votes: 132 69.8%
  • Belt Loops

Votes: 57 30.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Yeah, that's a UPS problem. I've had a few UPS deliveries do that. The conveyor belts show no mercy.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. So they’ve been sitting in your closet for a year untailored?! What’s the hold up?!
I still haven’t tailored my pants for my Solaro suit and tux I bought in 19, or my seersucker I bought in 20 lol.

Im dropping the Solaro and seersucker off at the tailor next week though.

wilcthree

Reaction score
I still haven’t tailored my pants for my Solaro suit and tux I bought in 19, or my seersucker I bought in 20 lol.

Im dropping the Solaro and seersucker off at the tailor next week though.
You and @1st Step must have deep closets to go so long without having stuff tailored. I’m trying to get like y’all!

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You and @1st Step must have deep closets to go so long without having stuff tailored. I’m trying to get like y’all!
partially that, but I bought the Solero in fall 19 and the seersucker in spring 20- because of Covid lockdowns, I never had an opportunity to wear them. When I started my new job in December, I knew that my go to was going to be dress pants/sport coats, so getting my frescos from last year hemmed was the priority first. Similarly, I’m probably not going to get the tux pants hemmed until the fall, closer to black tie season

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What makes the Dugdale covert that much better than the VBCs?
It's not that it's that much better. It's more rare but different. It's has a softer hand and a double twill weave. Similar, but distinct. Also, Dugdale is a merchant rather than a Mill, so there is a slight premium from Dugdale because of that nature.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Similar question. There's a pair of Guabello Super 130's navy trousers with side adjusters that came out a couple weeks ago in conjunction with a navy peak lapel suit. Is there any indication that this is the same fabric or dye lot as the navy Guabello peak lapel suit from last year? I love that suit, but definitely prefer side adjusters to belt loops...
Different dye lot. Not a 100% match with those.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. So they’ve been sitting in your closet for a year untailored?! What’s the hold up?!
Got All Of These (Late Season) During Sales, Then Covid, Lockdown, Change Of Season/Winter And Having Way Too (Clothing) Much...

Edit; You Don't Want A Deep Closet, It's Scary! I Have About 20 more Pairs In Need Of Hemming!

Last edited:

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
partially that, but I bought the Solero in fall 19 and the seersucker in spring 20- because of Covid lockdowns, I never had an opportunity to wear them. When I started my new job in December, I knew that my go to was going to be dress pants/sport coats, so getting my frescos from last year hemmed was the priority first. Similarly, I’m probably not going to get the tux pants hemmed until the fall, closer to black tie season
As Needed! :fonz:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time in a while I got that dreaded OOS email for the Linen/Cotton Gingham shirt, placed an order when there was 3 left in stock too. Maybe I’ll catch it in a future re stock from returns

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay is there any plans to alter the cut on the high rise contemp trousers? I'm sure I'm not the only one that still feels as though the contemp is still too tight in the thighs, and having to sizing up once or twice and tapering the waist seems to be the common consensus. Seems like people are calling out for an edit to the OTR pattern.
Really? For example the 34 already has a 27.5" thigh, that's in line with most competitors in this space.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone with the dress chinos? Are they really dry clean only? I bought a couple pairs not realizing that designation, and that just won’t work for my purposes. Will need to return if I can’t wash at home.

Also, an “athletic fit” would be huge. Nothing y’all currently offer fits me in any real way without sizing up and major alterations to waist and leg end
Mostly because of the curtained waist. There is Interlining in the waist and the post wash, ironing is tricky. You can safely wash them at home in cold/air dry. Just be mindful of when you iron the waistband.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
As it should be!:-D

In other news, someone was asking for pics of any of the Guabello tobacco wool pieces. Well, there they are (assuming they are still in the box; I’ll know when I get home).

Maybe not enough TLC by UPS or maybe not the greatest packing job. We’ll see what’s inside.

View attachment 1591910
View attachment 1591919
That did not leave our warehouse like that, I can promise you that. WTF.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I feel like the quadfathers are a minority based on the last comments I recall.

I think they introduced the extra slim cut specifically because most customers found S&M pants too baggy.
Yeppers. Many people still stuck in "skinny" fit mentality.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.