• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linen shorts...
Anyone know the inseam? And if desired, I'm wondering if they can shorten them for the $8 fee they charge for Trousers.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linen shorts...
Anyone know the inseam? And if desired, I'm wondering if they can shorten them for the $8 fee they charge for Trousers.
The hard part with shortening linen is accounting for how much shorter it'll get once it starts wrinkling. I typically prefer shorter shorts, but I think 8" could probably ride up to 6.5"-7"

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are the first run of the linen shirts? I'm keen on picking up the chino shorts though. I'd like to visit the store but we're back to full lockdown.

mattg1027

Reaction score
The rust Guabello sport coat looks great. Any real life pics yet, or did it just come out?

On a not-unrelated note, would anyone like to buy my tobacco Minnis fresco in 42L? ;)
Would also be curious to see photos IRL. Can’t decide if I’d rather have a suit of that color in linen or wool. Fresco has to be a nice option too.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received, yesterday, the green seersucker suit, in Neapolitan cut, in a 34 short. The fabric is from Minni's. I haven't taken it to the tailor's yet, but I can tell you that the trousers are very snug in the waist. Standard 6-inch drop, so it should hit about 28. I've never had a problem with a size 28 trouser before, but I'm going to be taking these out at least an inch at my tailor's shop. Has anyone else experienced this with S&M?
This Suit, Jacket Included, Is Known To Be Snug, I Have A 44 Conmp (Snug) - Could've Gone 46Conmp, But A Lot Changes On That Side Of (46) Fence, Snug, But It's A Beauty!

dapperedhoo

Reaction score
Does anyone have IRL pics of the chocolate hopsack SC? Want to add my first brown SC to my slowly growing rotation, but not sure if this one would be a good choice or if I would be better off picking up a brown sport coat with a slight pattern.

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
Would also be curious to see photos IRL. Can’t decide if I’d rather have a suit of that color in linen or wool. Fresco has to be a nice option too.
If that was a fresco rust suit I would have already purchased it for sure. The color looks great but not too sure if this material would work well as suit separates.

Duke Santos

Reaction score
Well, my first Spier & Mackay order arrived today. It was nothing special: no MTM suits or cool "Call Me Bwana" linen safari shirts. Just a couple of plain 5-pocket cords. However, I'm really pleased. Quality--though I can't find a "made in" tag anywhere--seems very good. The fit is great, and the styling is a perfect middle ground between the Levi's cords I wore as a kid and the "cords pretending to be trousers" fit that I see from the Andover Shop or J Press. In other words, spot on.

I went with green and charcoal. I thought green might be a little chancy, but the shade of green is perfect. Depending on the light, it's either a very dark forest green or a slightly brownish olive green. The charcoal is on the dark side and almost black though. Still wholly acceptable, and perhaps the first couple of cold water washes might bring out the grey notes more. The green is incredible. Come Fall, it will literally be perfect with some dark brown, brogued boots.

qiT1Xp.jpg

OH, WE HAPPY!

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, my first Spier & Mackay order arrived today. It was nothing special: no MTM suits or cool "Call Me Bwana" linen safari shirts. Just a couple of plain 5-pocket cords. However, I'm really pleased. Quality--though I can't find a "made in" tag anywhere--seems very good. The fit is great, and the styling is a perfect middle ground between the Levi's cords I wore as a kid and the "cords pretending to be trousers" fit that I see from the Andover Shop or J Press. In other words, spot on.

I went with green and charcoal. I thought green might be a little chancy, but the shade of green is perfect. Depending on the light, it's either a very dark forest green or a slightly brownish olive green. The charcoal is on the dark side and almost black though. Still wholly acceptable, and perhaps the first couple of cold water washes might bring out the grey notes more. The green is incredible. Come Fall, it will literally be perfect with some dark brown, brogued boots.

View attachment 1589926

OH, WE HAPPY!
Agreed - the green is great. I've gotten good use out of my pair this past Fall/Winter.
Unfortunately, I sized the dark brown pair incorrectly and it's just been sitting around, tags on and all.

Chris-Wearings

Reaction score

View attachment 1589926

OH, WE HAPPY!
These are made in India.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 30 16.1%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 31 16.7%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Carmina

• Crockett & Jones

• Other

Votes: 60 32.3%