• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got to say- trying to order a custom shirt today through S&M’s website caused so much frustration I completely scrapped the thought of ordering. I spent over an hour, trying different browsers and even different devices, and I could NOT get it to save a size profile or let me add more than one shirt to the cart. I want to support the brand but how is this even a problem?
suggestion: shoot a note to SM on Instagram. They are on IG now. Tell them what you are trying to order. they will want to hear about the problem and can probably help you get your order in

c.bisesar

Reaction score
I’ve got to say- trying to order a custom shirt today through S&M’s website caused so much frustration I completely scrapped the thought of ordering. I spent over an hour, trying different browsers and even different devices, and I could NOT get it to save a size profile or let me add more than one shirt to the cart. I want to support the brand but how is this even a problem?

I had the same issue earlier this week, was using Chrome and for the life of me could not get it to work. Switching to Firefox allowed me to add more than one shirt to the cart, but I wasn't able to figure out how to save a new size profile.

ULCajun

Reaction score
Has anyone emailed SM asking to stack coupon codes? I want a sweater and a custom shirt but can’t use both coupons to do so. I’d ask them myself but it could be three days before a response.

Sybook

Reaction score
I just bought a Gray Fresco Neapolitan Cut suit

I found that the one side of the canvas of the jacket was revealed as shown in the photo below that I could actually put my hand into the chest part of the jacket whereas the other side of the jacket was sewed so that the canvas could not be seen.

20210322_191222.jpg

Is this normal or is it a defect? Thanks in advance.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue earlier this week, was using Chrome and for the life of me could not get it to work. Switching to Firefox allowed me to add more than one shirt to the cart, but I wasn't able to figure out how to save a new size profile.

Same issue for me. Kept logging me out after adding one custom shirt to the cart. Finally got it to work but frustrating. Was using Chrome.

tennessee

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on my S&M tuxedo. I own the midnight navy Guabello tuxedo from Fall 2017. The jacket fits but the pants are too small and they don't have the tuxedo stripe down the leg that I would prefer, so I am wanting to get some new pants to wear with the jacket for an upcoming wedding. I'm thinking black tuxedo pants will be easier to find than trying to perfectly match the navy fabric. Would black pants look alright with a navy tux jacket? Jacket and black pants from S&M below for visual reference.
1616429940239.png

1616429953779.png

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
20% off all corduroy shirts and trousers. Ordered a pair of 5-pocket cords and asked for them to be hemmed. Does Spier send an additional request for the $8 via PayPal?

SumDude

Reaction score
Does S&M ever let you order custom denim shirts? Or is chambray the only custom material close to denim?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice on my S&M tuxedo. I own the midnight navy Guabello tuxedo from Fall 2017. The jacket fits but the pants are too small and they don't have the tuxedo stripe down the leg that I would prefer, so I am wanting to get some new pants to wear with the jacket for an upcoming wedding. I'm thinking black tuxedo pants will be easier to find than trying to perfectly match the navy fabric. Would black pants look alright with a navy tux jacket? Jacket and black pants from S&M below for visual reference.
View attachment 1579610
View attachment 1579611

Re: black pants/navy jacket- no. Pants and jacket on a tux need to match, only exception being something like velvet dinner jackets in different colors or an ivory jacket in summer. A silk stripe can be fairly easily added, so if the pants can be let out, that would be the best option. If they can’t, your best option is to sell the tux and get a new one.

I don’t mean to sound like a jerk, but a navy jacket with black pants is going to look bad.

tennessee

Reaction score
Re: black pants/navy jacket- no. Pants and jacket on a tux need to match, only exception being something like velvet dinner jackets in different colors or an ivory jacket in summer. A silk stripe can be fairly easily added, so if the pants can be let out, that would be the best option. If they can’t, your best option is to sell the tux and get a new one.

I don’t mean to sound like a jerk, but a navy jacket with black pants is going to look bad.
No offense taken, thanks for the reply!

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
View attachment 1579610
View attachment 1579611

Here's an idea that might offend the black tie purists if you like the jacket: taking the orphaned blue jacket and pair it with white/cream/ivory/ecru trousers. Has to be nice trousers of course, the same stuff that they make off-white dinner jackets out of, and in accordance with black tie style so no cuffs, but wouldn't be a dealbreaker if it lacked a white stripe. Skip the waistcoat or cummerbund and studs, but I would probably keep it to a plain white shirt and bow tie.

I discovered this sort of by accident with very casual medium blue floral dinner jacket with matching shawl lapels that that didn't pair well with my black tux pants. In a pinch I put on the only other pair of trousers I had with me, off-white silk ones from Tommy Bahama (sorry!) and found it worked. Midnight blue with black satin facings would certainly give you a more striking contrast but I think it could work. Think of this as an especially bold take on black tie optional, or if you're doing a formal event at a place that normally does not do black tie. Might be something of a Dickie Greenleaf move even, if you're into the way the character juxtaposed formal and casual items for his extended Riviera vacation.

I don't really know where to get cream trousers in a light worsted fabric at the moment as they seem to be en vogue only in flannel, cords, and chinos but maybe SM can MTO you a pair? VBC has a few very affordable options in their S110s book which I think SM can order for you. They would be quite versatile in general of course as they match basically all summer sportcoats.

Last edited:

SartorialSpyker

Reaction score
Here's an idea that might offend the black tie purists if you like the jacket: taking the orphaned blue jacket and pair it with white/cream/ivory/ecru trousers. Has to be nice trousers of course, the same stuff that they make off-white dinner jackets out of, and in accordance with black tie style so no cuffs, but wouldn't be a dealbreaker if it lacked a white stripe. Skip the waistcoat or cummerbund and studs, but I would probably keep it to a plain white shirt and bow tie.

I discovered this sort of by accident with very casual medium blue floral dinner jacket with matching shawl lapels that that didn't pair well with my black tux pants. In a pinch I put on the only other pair of trousers I had with me, off-white silk ones from Tommy Bahama (sorry!) and found it worked. Midnight blue with black satin facings would certainly give you a more striking contrast but I think it could work. Think of this as an especially bold take on black tie optional, or if you're doing a formal event at a place that normally does not do black tie. Might be something of a Dickie Greenleaf move even, if you're into the way the character juxtaposed formal and casual items for his extended Riviera vacation.

I don't really know where to get cream trousers in a light worsted fabric at the moment as they seem to be en vogue only in flannel, cords, and chinos but maybe SM can MTO you a pair? VBC has a few very affordable options in their S110s book which I think SM can order for you. They would be quite versatile in general of course as they match basically all summer sportcoats.
The Black Tie thread would like to have a stern word with you...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads