• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Do the thin merino wool sweaters still have short sleeves / arms? They fit me perfectly everywhere except the arms in FW19/20.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the thin merino wool sweaters still have short sleeves / arms? They fit me perfectly everywhere except the arms in FW19/20.
I find they have the same arm length this season compared to last

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind paying a bit more for quality, but the price around me are quite high. I took two trousers in last week for hemming and taking in at the waist. I believe one pair is $60 and the other $40.

Dry Cleaners can be cheaper for a hem, is there a Military Base close by, Cleaners are and can be cheaper in the area. :fonz:

nubirth

Reaction score
How is the sizing on Spier and Mackay custom shirts? Do the standard sizes fit well or should I go by my body measurements? I normally wear classic sizes ( fuller cuts) and not slim sizes.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linen and Flannel, Only In Southern California!

20210308_213203.jpg

Batman, Bat Wings And A S$M Custom Shirt!
20210308_212911.jpg

20210308_213352.jpg

SpierTeam

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that responded regarding their interest in the Dugdale Cavalry Twill trousers.

We still have not decided on colours, however from the early conversations we've had, it appears that navy, cream, and green are the strongest contenders. This will be a very limited run, with around 40 - 50 trousers in each colour being made. Once we have more information, we'll be sure to pass it along.

The idea here is to offer a product that is typically done in custom and and at much higher price points, and make it more accessible. At this time it doesn't appear that this will be available in MTO, just this group buy and the remaining pieces in OTR.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that responded regarding their interest in the Dugdale Cavalry Twill trousers.

We still have not decided on colours, however from the early conversations we've had, it appears that navy, cream, and green are the strongest contenders. This will be a very limited run, with around 40 - 50 trousers in each colour being made. Once we have more information, we'll be sure to pass it along.

The idea here is to offer a product that is typically done in custom and and at much higher price points, and make it more accessible. At this time it doesn't appear that this will be available in MTO, just this group buy and the remaining pieces in OTR.
Thanks for the update on this. Looking forward to seeing what y’all roll out with, as I’d be a likely buyer.

SartorialSpyker

Reaction score

I’m in for the green and cream, excited to hear updates.

c.bisesar

Reaction score
My local tailor is $12 for a hem, never tried a cuff with her. Is about $24 for shortening sport coat sleeves. This is all CDN and before 15% tax

For CDN that's pretty good. Cheapest sleeve shortening I've found is 25 bucks. I've found a few places that hem for $10. This is all pre-covid though, who knows what it'll be once tailors start up again :confused2:

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind paying a bit more for quality, but the price around me are quite high. I took two trousers in last week for hemming and taking in at the waist. I believe one pair is $60 and the other $40.
Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? This seems astronomical

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads