• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mbb355

Reaction score
Hello, gentlemen. We are trying to see if there would be any interest in a group buy for Dugdale Cavalry Twill trousers. We are looking at potentially offering 2-3 different colours in our high-rise trouser style, at a price of about $250 USD. If there is enough interest in these, orders would open up sometime in July/August, with delivery taking place between September-October. Please let us know if you would be interested in this potential project.
I would be interested. Love your high-rise models and cav twill are my favorite trousers. Would be especially interested in shades of grey, beige, and chocolate brown. Thanks.

Rafsan

Reaction score
Hello, gentlemen. We are trying to see if there would be any interest in a group buy for Dugdale Cavalry Twill trousers. We are looking at potentially offering 2-3 different colours in our high-rise trouser style, at a price of about $250 USD. If there is enough interest in these, orders would open up sometime in July/August, with delivery taking place between September-October. Please let us know if you would be interested in this potential project.
Long time reader (lurker) of this forum, first time poster...Created an account just to be able to comment on this. I’d be very interested in cavalry twill offerings, mostly in the classic colors (shades of gray, blue, green, brown, even black could be interesting). High rise cut would be a must for me.

asewonder

Reaction score

Yes for brown/fawn/green.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 for Dugdales. Would love to see both weight ranges offered as options.

JayDee90

Reaction score
I've looked at the white rose book in the past but can someone remind me of the differences vs the s&m's current vbc covert offering that would justify the upcharge? (Weight, hand, difference in twill, etc)

mbb355

Reaction score
Cream would also be a good color for cav twill. More unusual so hard to find elsewhere, yet highly versatile.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely be interested in Dugfale cavalry twill. Mid grey would be ideal. The other classic colors like brown and green would be great too

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. Cream, navy

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Olive green and cream are colors I’d want in Dugdale Calvary twill.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are all Spier and Mackay sport coats half canvased? On the product pages of some sport coats it specifies it's half canvased while on others there is no mention of any canvasing.

For example the Marling & Evans Undyed Check (here) specifies "Half Canvas Construction" while the Abraham Moon Brown Houndstooth (here) makes no mention of any canvasing.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are all Spier and Mackay sport coats half canvased? On the product pages of some sport coats it specifies it's half canvased while on others there is no mention of any canvasing.

For example the Marling & Evans Undyed Check (here) specifies "Half Canvas Construction" while the Abraham Moon Brown Houndstooth (here) makes no mention of any canvasing.

Everything should be half canvas: https://www.spierandmackay.com/content/about-our-suits. There is the option also for full canvas for MTO and some RTW suits (not sure if they make those anymore)

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything should be half canvas: https://www.spierandmackay.com/content/about-our-suits. There is the option also for full canvas for MTO and some RTW suits (not sure if they make those anymore)

That only refers to their suits though and it makes sense that they are all at least half canvased due to their formal nature. Sport coats though are more informal and I've seen some non-Spier sport coats where there were no canvasing which sparked my curiosity when I noticed that not all of their product description pages for their sport coats specifies the existence of canvasing.

Imperatores

Reaction score
That looks great. Only wish it had elastic knit finishing around the cuffs and waist. Unfortunately, that's a deal breaker for me.

EDIT: have they provided any price target for it?

That's funny. I'm very interested in a safari/field jacket exactly like the one they prototyped, and it would be a complete dealbreaker if it had any kind of elastic/knit finishing anywhere. What do you find appealing about that sort of thing?

If I remember correctly, they were targeting 599 USD. I believe it was intended for this FW season though, and never worked out. Hopefully they'll still go ahead with it at some point.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That only refers to their suits though and it makes sense that they are all at least half canvased due to their formal nature. Sport coats though are more informal and I've seen some non-Spier sport coats where there were no canvasing which sparked my curiosity when I noticed that not all of their product description pages for their sport coats specifies the existence of canvasing.

Interesting because that linked page says, "All our Off-the-Rack suits and sportcoats feature a lightweight half canvas construction."

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL, sorry, I missed that. That's what happens when you're multitasking and do a fast skim read. :embar:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads