• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
I'm patiently wafting for that solar suit and di pray SC

c.bisesar

Reaction score
Ordered some hoodies Feb 27th which shipped yesterday and arrived this morning. Concierge mentioned there were two packages from UPS which struck me as odd, but I figured maybe S&M just packaged the sweaters in two boxes.

Much to my surprise, my custom dress shirt arrived!

Ordered MTO on Feb 3, arrived Mar 4. Incredible!

SumDude

Reaction score

How do you like the results (dimensions, fabric, etc.) of the custom dress shirt? I was thinking of trying this for the first time. Was just going to measure an off the rack shirt that seems to fit me pretty good and use that as a starting point. I seem to be in between their slim and extra slim dimensions.

wilcthree

Reaction score
Ordered some hoodies Feb 27th which shipped yesterday and arrived this morning. Concierge mentioned there were two packages from UPS which struck me as odd, but I figured maybe S&M just packaged the sweaters in two boxes.

When/if you can, please post some pics and provide feedback on the custom dress shirts and your experience with MTO. I’ve been on the fence about MTO shirts for a while but have had success with MTO trews. Many thanks.

Last edited:

c.bisesar

Reaction score
How do you like the results (dimensions, fabric, etc.) of the custom dress shirt? I was thinking of trying this for the first time. Was just going to measure an off the rack shirt that seems to fit me pretty good and use that as a starting point. I seem to be in between their slim and extra slim dimensions.
When/if you can, please post some pics and provide some feedback on the custom dress shirts and your experience with MTO. I’ve been in the fence about MTO shirts but have had success with MTO trews. Many thanks.
I've just thrown the shirt in for a cold wash, will try to get some pics in later in the day after ironing.

Initial impressions are great. For reference, I've gotten MTM shirts from S&M in store in the past, however with the lockdown in effect I decided to try out MTO. I had snapped a picture of my body measurements from my MTM order and re-measured at home to account for the Covid-15 I've gained. Will post more later!

wildcat10

Reaction score
I agree, I don't mind the wait at all.

Yeah for sure, if it's 6 days for hemming, it's actually less time than it would take me to take the time to go to the tailor, drop them off, wait, and pick them up, so at $8 it's a bargain on both money and time.
Quick update: I received my 3 trousers yesterday March 3rd, all perfectly hemmed to my specifications (2 cuff, 1 straight hem).

Order placed Feb 19th, shipped on Feb 25th, received on March 3rd.

I will definitely be using the S&M hemming service again.

goodwillhinton

Reaction score
I suspect that this question may have been answered before so apologies for not finding the answer in all the threads.

I'm curious about the differences between the base navy hopsack blazer (Filarte) vs Guabello navy hopsack vs E Thomas navy hopsack. I'm going to pull the trigger on one of them but was having a hard time discerning the differences.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy