• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those wholecuts are tempting at the sale price. But, I'll pass as who knows when I'll be back in the office.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definately navy. It's more understated. Did you size up?
I stay with the same sportcoat size and it has enough room for a sportcoat underneath. I was considering sizing up but someone mentioned they fixed the sizing issue with these last season.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
I stay with the same sportcoat size and it has enough room for a sportcoat underneath. I was considering sizing up but someone mentioned they fixed the sizing issue with these last season.
Can I ask why you went with the DB overcoat over the Polo coat?

I couldn’t decide myself so I ordered both in Navy to see which I like more. Just waiting to receive them.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I ask why you went with the DB overcoat over the Polo coat?

I couldn’t decide myself so I ordered both in Navy to see which I like more. Just waiting to receive them.
I had the polo coat in navy 2 seasons ago. Loved it and wore it a lot. However, the cloth is heavy and might be itchy on some days. The DB overcoat solves all that, it's buttery smooth. Even though, I wish they made the polo coat in that wool/cashmere blend cloth.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the polo coat in navy 2 seasons ago. Loved it and wore it a lot. However, the cloth is heavy and might be itchy on some days. The DB overcoat solves all that, it's buttery smooth. Even though, I wish they made the polo coat in that wool/cashmere blend cloth.
Come August, this will be possible through MTO. I'm planning on placing such an order and adding an extra 5-10" in length to create a full/classic length coat.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come August, this will be possible through MTO. I'm planning on placing such an order and adding an extra 5-10" in length to create a full/classic length coat.
I already see myself doing the camel cloth on the polo coat cut

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've experimented lots with different lengths lately, and I find upper calf length(just below the knee) to be the best compromise between the drama of a long overcoat, and actually being practical. It doesn't get dirty, it's not in the way, and it still keeps my legs warm too.

I went with mid-calf length before, and sitting down anywhere without the coat grazing the ground was impossible, and it'd skirt my car's side skirts when getting in the car too.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I already see myself doing the camel cloth on the polo coat cut
Would be a no brainer for me as well if I didn't own the camel db already.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've experimented lots with different lengths lately, and I find upper calf length(just below the knee) to be the best compromise between the drama of a long overcoat, and actually being practical. It doesn't get dirty, it's not in the way, and it still keeps my legs warm too.

I went with mid-calf length before, and sitting down anywhere without the coat grazing the ground was impossible, and it'd skirt my car's side skirts when getting in the car too.
Thanks for the input, appreciate it. These are excellent factors to actually consider before deciding on length.

For my part, I have a DB raincoat where I find the length to be perfect for me. I'll try to emulate it when the time comes.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my covid-optimistic view is get the wholecuts, my covid-realistic view is get the loafers. My wallet says: neither. Who will win? :p
Pretty sure your wallet will lose the battle, or you wouldn't be here posting 😂

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, appreciate it. These are excellent factors to actually consider before deciding on length.

For my part, I have a DB raincoat where I find the length to be perfect for me. I'll try to emulate it when the time comes.
I'd love to see pictures of that one too if possible.

I know S&M promised one years ago but it never materialized.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see pictures of that one too if possible.

I know S&M promised one years ago but it never materialized.
It's not S&M though. It's from Burberry.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not S&M though. It's from Burberry.
I gotcha.

I can't remember if you have any hangups on posting non-S&M in the S&M thread, but I always find it's helpful for gauging future interest and details on a wanted product that may not exist yet.

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
Its getting warm outside and I cant decide which fox bros i should I pick up. For those who are picking it up soon I look forward to pics. I dont have a summer brown suit but I'm leaning toward the moss because I just love green.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy