• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20% off the new Sweatshirts now, good deal if you want something for those lazy Saturdays

Spex

Reaction score
20% off the new Sweatshirts now, good deal if you want something for those lazy Saturdays
I saw this and am tempted. I can’t keep track of the fit conversation around these. If I’m tall and slim and wear a 40 slim jacket in S&M would I order an M or L?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw this and am tempted. I can’t keep track of the fit conversation around these. If I’m tall and slim and wear a 40 slim jacket in S&M would I order an M or L?
I wear a 36R Slim and took an XS and it fits me nice and trim with a bit of moving room due to being a sweatshirt. I would say go L unless you want a trimmer fit. Others can hop on this discussion

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the best flannels from S&M's collection of MTO fabrics?

Looking for something I could make into my first DB suit.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are you planning on pairing it, if you don't mind me asking? I'm liking it on its own, but I'm having a hard time imagining how to pair it trouser wise. Grey and brown trousers?

EDIT: maybe beige as well? Maybe I should just order it?
Yeah I am thinking cream or beige colored trousers. I guess just about any light color should work.
I have a similar sport coat, it is very versatile, mid grey, light grey, beige, cream, medium brown, khaki. Darker brown? Maybe...

I’ve even paired it with olive chinos (to some success:oops:)

SumDude

Reaction score
I have a similar sport coat, it is very versatile, mid grey, light grey, beige, cream, medium brown, khaki. Darker brown? Maybe...

I’ve even paired it with olive chinos (to some success:oops:)
Thank you so much for the pairing suggestions. I was guessing the sage could be paired like a mid/medium brown sport coat.

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
I need to decide between the sage and plum SC. I'm guessing they will wear pair similarly well with with the same trousers.

Jason12

Reaction score
i bought the plum as I have a green jacket in a similar colour to the sage. I can wear it with my sand linen trousers, pale grey high twist wool or navy chinos. Taupe VBC is next on my list

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally copped the wool/cashmere DB coat. My first impression is that this is as hefty as the Zanieri polo coat but also hella soft. It's like wrapping a blanket around you. I love it.

My question is this: as I am transitioning to a more casual work setting, I only need one overcoat to do it all. In that case, should I stick with the navy or should I change to the camel color? Another concern with camel color from last season is that it is very muted like a mustard color in real life.

154496394_1064782144004597_3140881746509629109_n.jpg

155806776_3931887196872041_3707981860264784495_n.jpg

wildcat10

Reaction score
Finally copped the wool/cashmere DB coat. My first impression is that this is as hefty as the Zanieri polo coat but also hella soft. It's like wrapping a blanket around you. I love it.

My question is this: as I am transitioning to a more casual work setting, I only need one overcoat to do it all. In that case, should I stick with the navy or should I change to the camel color? Another concern with camel color from last season is that it is very muted like a mustard color in real life.

View attachment 1563752

View attachment 1563753
Navy all the way.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1563752

View attachment 1563753
If leaning more casual, I probably would have went Single Breasted, but double breasted can work too. As far as colour, I'd agree with the others and say Navy. Very easy to wear up or down, while I'd recommend Camel if you only really wore casual outfits all the time as it more easily blends.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 36 15.5%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Carmina

Votes: 35 15.0%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 77 33.0%