• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

msanchez0125

Reaction score
A pocket square can be so cheap on sale at some places it is just a throw on item. I always look at the pocket squares before ordering at Granqvist or similar beforehand

Agree, the chinos are such nice material. I just received and washed my lightweight chinos and they are so incredibly thin for summer wear, I can tell they will be worn a bunch

Do the lightweight chinos hold a crease and/or wrinkle? Can you tell how they stack up against last Spring's 100% Cotton Dress Chinos?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Any thoughts on the differences between the Guabello vs E Thomas?
I don’t own the Guabello, but I am sure it is a nice workhorse fabric. I have the E. Thomas from SuSu and the fabric is very luxurious feeling, but is a bit casual in nature due to the texture and blend of it. If using for strict business offices I’d go with the Guabello. If in a bit more laid back business casual office, I really like the look and feel of the E. Thomas.
Wow! Are these ties for real? @Granqvis, Awesome collection!
Yup, not to jump on another brand in this thread, but Rick follows and likes a bunch of their stuff on IG. Got a Grenadine Fina tie from them and it is great for the price. Very unique designs too
Do the lightweight chinos hold a crease and/or wrinkle? Can you tell how they stack up against last Spring's 100% Cotton Dress Chinos?
Unsure as first time with the lightweight chinos. I have found the S&M Chinos to wrinkle a bit more than other chinos, but not terrible. They don’t hold a crease well, but these are casual in nature so I personally would never crease a casual chino anyways.
Don’t own the Dress Chinos as I dress smart casual and regular chinos are more versatile.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
$598 USD for the fox brown suit as per Rick on the 'gram

That's cheaper than the cost of the 3m of fabric alone if you buy from Merchant Fox. Either Rick's got some major negotiating skills and/or bought the entire stock, or Doug Cordeaux is taking us #menswer guys for a ride. Maybe a little bit of A, little bit of B.

Imperatores

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the green fresco is the same fabric as the green fresco that's been available through MTO for a while? I remember seeing somewhere that the two fresco suits are lighter weight than the green jacket, but they're all listed at 280 gsm.

Small tangent, but am I the only one who finds the inner chest pockets to be placed too high on their coats/outerwear? It's a bit undignified and uncomfortable to bend and twist my wrists into them. Feels like I have to perform some sort of masonic ritual every time I need my keys. They're placed much more sensibly on the suits/jackets.

hafdisarson

Reaction score
I have the opposite problem. size 15.75 neck and a 44 inch chest. I need to buy size 17 shirts to fit the chest properly.

We are similar in size. I just placed my first order with S&M and ordered shirts in 16.5, I have a 16" neck, 44,5 chest. How big are your upper arms? Mine are around 17" and I dislike when shirts are tight around the arms, do you reckon I should have gone with size 17? I'm having all shipped to Europe and hope I got the sizes right as returning is a pain **********.

The order is being processed, am I able to make changes to it still?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the green fresco is the same fabric as the green fresco that's been available through MTO for a while? I remember seeing somewhere that the two fresco suits are lighter weight than the green jacket, but they're all listed at 280 gsm.

Small tangent, but am I the only one who finds the inner chest pockets to be placed too high on their coats/outerwear? It's a bit undignified and uncomfortable to bend and twist my wrists into them. Feels like I have to perform some sort of masonic ritual every time I need my keys. They're placed much more sensibly on the suits/jackets.
They're the same, yes.

ZRH1

Reaction score
That's cheaper than the cost of the 3m of fabric alone if you buy from Merchant Fox. Either Rick's got some major negotiating skills and/or bought the entire stock, or Doug Cordeaux is taking us #menswer guys for a ride. Maybe a little bit of A, little bit of B.

Fox doesn't want end consumers buying from them, if you go via a tailor you get around half the site quoted price ex-VAT.

Tamago

Reaction score
Glad I can conclude my purchase on 1 hanger:
A turtleneck, a linen DB sports coat and a down over vest.

Pardon the poor selfie. Fit is actually quite well. Sizing is “what you see what you get”, didn’t struggle much.
The vest is meant to be a “over vest” wearing outside suit/sports coat. Front armhole is a bit open which makes arm action smooth when full gear on. But a little odd if wearing only with shirts, leaving bunch of space.
Cold weather has gone here in Hong Kong. Can’t wait to rock them in the fall.
Promise I will come back with some proper pics if I get a chance with the linen DB some time soon.
1EF7101B-D222-43DA-AC8B-AA1382771B84.jpeg
8D8DA632-CC97-4329-B059-9EDB04328198.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads