• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SartorialSpyker

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to move the top button slightly inwards for shirt that is tight around the neck? My neck is between 15 and 15.5 and I always kinda struggle with it. I'd like to move the button on my 15 SM shirt(shown below with top button closed) so that it loosen around my neck a bit but afraid the gap might get too bit when I wear a tie. Any experience would be welcomed.

View attachment 1560194
You could always try something like a collar extender, they are temporary, but for a few bucks you can see what it will look like if you decide to make the permanent change.

wildcat10

Reaction score
The wool cotton blend trousers are amazing. I have both the mid gray and the light brown, and have used them numerous times. Light enough to be versatile for at least three seasons.
Absolutely agree, they are great trousers. Beautiful, comfortable, versatile.

I already had the mid gray ones and I liked them so much I ordered the light brown over the weekend, and I wish they had them in light gray.

c.bisesar

Reaction score
IMG_0808.jpg

Slowly building up my pocket square game!

I recently tacked on 2 S&M pocket squares on an order and was blown away. I never really put much thought into my pocket squares, however after seeing some posts on SF I decided to step it up. A couple of buddies bought me a cheap multi-pack off Amazon (if you're easily offended by cheap and tacky items, I would strongly advise against clicking on the spoiler :laugh:) but the difference in quality is night and day. The feel of the cloth and the way it folds and drapes is amazing.
IMG_0811.jpg

milktoast

Reaction score
I must applaud Rick and all others at Spier for their dedication to quality, even on the simplest items. Since I didn't want wait for Spier to restock on chinos, I bought some J. Crew chinos in the meantime. Now, I'm a menswear and clothing n00b, but Spier's chinos are of a far better quality and cut than J. Crew's. The fabric is thicker on the Spier chinos (though not uncomfortably so) and feels sturdier to the touch. Just glad I didn't pay full price for the J. Crew chinos.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1560376

Slowly building up my pocket square game!

I recently tacked on 2 S&M pocket squares on an order and was blown away. I never really put much thought into my pocket squares, however after seeing some posts on SF I decided to step it up. A couple of buddies bought me a cheap multi-pack off Amazon (if you're easily offended by cheap and tacky items, I would strongly advise against clicking on the spoiler :laugh:) but the difference in quality is night and day. The feel of the cloth and the way it folds and drapes is amazing.
A pocket square can be so cheap on sale at some places it is just a throw on item. I always look at the pocket squares before ordering at Granqvist or similar beforehand
I must applaud Rick and all others at Spier for their dedication to quality, even on the simplest items. Since I didn't want wait for Spier to restock on chinos, I bought some J. Crew chinos in the meantime. Now, I'm a menswear and clothing n00b, but Spier's chinos are of a far better quality and cut than J. Crew's. The fabric is thicker on the Spier chinos (though not uncomfortably so) and feels sturdier to the touch. Just glad I didn't pay full price for the J. Crew chinos.
Agree, the chinos are such nice material. I just received and washed my lightweight chinos and they are so incredibly thin for summer wear, I can tell they will be worn a bunch

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 44 chest too but 16 neck and can get away with Contemporary 16 or Slim 16.5 (doesn't look too big at the neck).
Hi there @Betelgeuse... you might know this. How much slimmer (or not) is SM’s extra slim than SuitSupply’s extra slim?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The green minnis fresco sportcoat is available for pre-orders for those of you interested.

@Betelgeuse

SartorialSpyker

Reaction score
I’m waiting on that Di Fabio double breasted sc. Even though my girlfriend keeps saying I’ll look like a sea captain wearing it :confused:
I have a very similar jacket (double breasted, peak lapel, with that horizontal ribbed pattern), and it works really well casually. Shown below, with one where you can better see the texture. It’s a very casual jacket and I often reach for it more than the traditional navy blazer. I almost never wear it closed even though it’s double breasted because the voluminous lapels roll really nicely and create a really nice effect on their own.

2F4E723D-9B2F-4764-955A-0B760B3559E4.jpeg

FB85C56D-0CE7-44A8-A3FB-6C81CA71DF34.jpeg

Last edited:

goodwillhinton

Reaction score
Any word on whether any of the navy hopsack sport coats from last year are going to be restocked this year?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.