• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Proleet

Reaction score
If the structured sportcoats have the same size armholes as the current cut which just last night after comparing with 6 other otr/mto brands I find to be much more restricting in movement then I won't be buying any more SM jackets for a while. Might look decent for someone with small shoulders though as long as he doesn't have to raise his hand in the boardroom meeting (if you enter that room you should have bespoke anyway).
Love the romanticized idea you have of people in the board room all impeccably dressed! ...obviously not at all based on reality

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh, ordered this and the emerald tweed Nov 25 and I've just been (im)patiently waiting for a shipping notice. Looks amazing.
Nov 25th and no shipping notice yet? I think I’ve placed 2 orders since then and both have been shipping and delivered to me in Canada already

c.bisesar

Reaction score
Nov 25th and no shipping notice yet? I think I’ve placed 2 orders since then and both have been shipping and delivered to me in Canada already
Yeah, I figured with the BF and CM sales they're probably behind a little, but I usually get shipping noticed pretty quickly too (located in TO). Maybe I'll poke them.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I figured with the BF and CM sales they're probably behind a little, but I usually get shipping noticed pretty quickly too (located in TO). Maybe I'll poke them.
With the Black Friday sales, myself and others posted here that they were rather quick and shipped the next day after ordering. Usually it takes a couple days max for me, when it takes longer sometimes something is OOS or another issue

wildcat10

Reaction score
With the Black Friday sales, myself and others posted here that they were rather quick and shipped the next day after ordering. Usually it takes a couple days max for me, when it takes longer sometimes something is OOS or another issue
I received a shipping notification on the next day for my Thanksgiving order. I am still waiting for shipping notifications for my December 1st orders.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got no problem with the armholes 😉
DF41D3A8-6052-4771-9B47-430793C6E5C7.jpeg

FC3418D7-654F-4F61-BB10-A832C8E03F04.png

7D478A47-21B4-4E5E-A945-DA4FAF43B1F1.jpeg

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Barodon86

Reaction score
thanks for sharing these pics. IMO it looks great on you. which worries me a little because i'm 185lbs/5'11" and also ordered the same shirt in the same size. but i've tried a 16 contemporary on me in another S&M model and it was too big, and the measurements on the site for the 15.5 look right for me, so hopefully it works out in the chest and and stomach. i'm a 33" arm so i already know they will be too long, which is fine, i have to have the arms shortened on pretty much every sportshirt i purchase anyway.
You might be fine. The contemporary is a bit loose on me, but I wanted to try this fit compared to my usual slim. I also got a little nervous from all the shrinkage talk in this thread. :)

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SM glen check in Marling and Evans undyed wool...
B2485546-EB84-4CF9-BA06-4D21E5360C95.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.