• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the sweatshirts. I have the first run and the sleeves are too short. I'm 5'10 and wear 32 inch sleeves mostly.

I still wear it however. If feedback is positive for the upcoming rumored new versions, I'll grab them next year. I'll have to give banana republic or uniqlo a shot

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the sweatshirts. I have the first run and the sleeves are too short. I'm 5'10 and wear 32 inch sleeves mostly.

I still wear it however. If feedback is positive for the upcoming rumored new versions, I'll grab them next year. I'll have to give banana republic or uniqlo a shot
I am curious if Rick is actually going to be bringing these back. I feel like it would be worth it, especially in these WFH times

conak

Reaction score
Any real-life views of the new cord jacket or trousers out there? The cloth supplier's photograph of the fabric looks darker than the SM product photos, so not sure which is the closer representation.

c.bisesar

Reaction score
Originally went with a medium sweat shirt, was way too small and exchanged for a large (and still, it's a bit snug)

I had gotten the charcoal and noticed the pockets had white stitching exposed all around and thought it was defect, but after asking support they mentioned that was just how the product was and linked me this site. I wear hoodies maybe twice a year, and it was on sale + discount so I just tacked it onto another order and can't really complain.

mjd

Reaction score
I am 3” taller than you, and got a small also. Was very slim, but liked it. Ended up getting a Medium for exclusively house wear during these times as it is looser fitting and more comfortable
I went large so that if it ever got tossed in dryer I'd still have something wearable. Yes, an odd set of sizing for their hoodies.

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
I had gotten the charcoal and noticed the pockets had white stitching exposed all around and thought it was defect, but after asking support they mentioned that was just how the product was and linked me this site.
Yeah, it's weird how the white yarn shows through only on the pockets and not on any of the other seams. If it's not deliberate then it's a very consistent error, which is remarkable in itself.

pickergc

Reaction score
You must have missed them bud.
You don't post fits, seeing as how it's been well over a year since you've even posted in the main "WAYWT" thread - not a fit, I might add. And I didn't miss them. I saw you get dunked on, time and time again. So, it is curious as to why you stopped.

Seriously Riva. Your name is so synonymous with hilariously bad taste on this site that it's a bit rich to start criticising others at this point.
This being one of my favorite responses to your "expertise".

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't post fits, seeing as how it's been well over a year since you've even posted in the main "WAYWT" thread - not a fit, I might add. And I didn't miss them. I saw you get dunked on, time and time again. So, it is curious as to why you stopped.

This being one of my favorite responses to your "expertise".
Ok I was being a douche on wheels there. Riva can be a dick too, but nowadays I take more of a live and let live approach. Namaste.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So just to be clear; discussing the fit of a Spier Mackay garment that was posted in the Spier Mackay affiliate thread is in bad taste, but having a discussion such as above in the Spier Mackay affiliate thread, which has nothing to do with Spier Mackay garments is in good taste and doesn't detract from the affiliate's products? Got it.

Where are those members that defended the "principled" stance of some other members so vehemently yesterday? Nowhere to be seen.

Goes to show what the problem actually was yesterday. Hypocrisy at its best.

Move on gentlemen. Especially those of you that took such a principled stance yesterday.

Last edited:

Konnor

Reaction score
So just to be clear; discussing the fit of a Spier Mackay garment that was posted in the Spier Mackay affiliate thread is in bad taste, but having a discussion such as above in the Spier Mackay affiliate thread, which has nothing to do with Spier Mackay garments is in good taste and doesn't detract from the affiliate's products? Got it.

Where are those members that defended the "principled" stance of some other members so vehemently yesterday? Nowhere to be seen.

Goes to show what the problem actually was yesterday. Hypocrisy at its best.

Move on gentlemen. Especially those of you that took such a principled stance yesterday.
What MTO fabric are you going to order next?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.