• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First of all, I did not answer his post per se, so no need to wait for approval from him to comment about the fit. I responded to the people commenting.

Secondly, exactly which call was he answering, if I may?

You're missing the point here. He responded only to what he perceived as negative comments.

I don't see you all up in flames when someone applauds a fit. The same logic should apply irrespective of whether the feedback is purely on the approving side or suggesting improvements.

By the way, aren't you the same guy that suggested that another member should be able to post as/what he pleases in this exact thread for the simple (read: illogical) reason that he did military service?

My intent was merely to give constructive critique to both the fit and the comments towards the fit. Apparently, this was too much for some. This wraps it up for me. Thanks.
You’re misinterpreting a lot. That’s ok. If you’d like further clarification, DM me.

StyleT

Reaction score
I just bought some of their hoodies and they are outstanding both in terms of quality and fabric.
Me Too..
They were outstanding...second that..
Bought Larges for during COVID and Mediums for Post-COVID..

I heard through the Grapevine that Spier will be releasing some additional sweats coming possibly late December or early Next Year..
That's all I know..and looking forward to their release.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me Too..

I heard through the Grapevine that Spier will be releasing some additional sweats coming possibly late December or early Next Year..
I missed out on the classic gray sweatshirt. I have one from Uniqlo, but the small is like a square in the body and sleeves made for body builders lmao

Barodon86

Reaction score
Wanted to share a real life picture of the new corduroy shirts. This is the royal blue, 15.5 contemporary, straight out of the box. I'm 5'10', 167 lbs. I take a 34 sleeve and the 15.5 comes with 35 sleeves. I'm going to try to shrink this a little in the laundry to get it just right.

Colour is true to the website pictures. I was a little surprised how light the corduroy fabric is; I also bought an oxford cloth shirt and I'd say the oxford feels thicker. I would have enjoyed a more hefty, rugged corduroy but am still glad I grabbed this at full price. Don't have anything else like it.

20201202_204105.jpg

20201202_203206.jpg

20201201_155115.jpg

mike2

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a review of Spier’s MTO suit program? Curious if you were happy with the process , delivery time (website says 6-7 weeks), measurements come out accurate?
I'm new to the MTO program having just received my first order, but I'm very pleased with it. I put in an order in late September and received it today. So, it took about 2 months.

The fit came out great. I'm between a 42 and 44 contemporary, so I usually opt for the 44 on the assumption that it's easier to take things in than let them out. The MTO allowed me to dial in a fit in between those two sizes. I'm very happy with the fit and it seems to be accurate.

My only minor problem problem is I should have taken an extra 0.5" off the sleeve length. Maybe I should have not gone with the working button holes. But, SM made them the length I told them to, so I can't fault them for that.

Too bad my jacket didn't arrive a day sooner. Now that I'm sure of the measurements, I'd have been tempted to take advantage of the promotion. At least it's better for my wallet.

Jlee80

Reaction score
I'm new to the MTO program having just received my first order, but I'm very pleased with it. I put in an order in late September and received it today. So, it took about 2 months.

The fit came out great. I'm between a 42 and 44 contemporary, so I usually opt for the 44 on the assumption that it's easier to take things in than let them out. The MTO allowed me to dial in a fit in between those two sizes. I'm very happy with the fit and it seems to be accurate.

My only minor problem problem is I should have taken an extra 0.5" off the sleeve length. Maybe I should have not gone with the working button holes. But, SM made them the length I told them to, so I can't fault them for that.

Too bad my jacket didn't arrive a day sooner. Now that I'm sure of the measurements, I'd have been tempted to take advantage of the promotion. At least it's better for my wallet.
I appreciate the reply thank you!

mjd

Reaction score
Me Too..

Nice - I will for sure pick up some sweatshirts.

mjd

Reaction score
I missed out on the classic gray sweatshirt. I have one from Uniqlo, but the small is like a square in the body and sleeves made for body builders lmao
Yeah they ran out of my size as well.

zewill

Reaction score
I just bought some of their hoodies and they are outstanding both in terms of quality and fabric.
I disagree. Went with hoodies.Quality was had for the price paid, yes. Sizing was very wierd I thought. Had to go for an XL and sleeves still very short and so was the overall length. Usually wear 38L sc, so yeah to be expected but for me to go XXL was unheard of especially being 6ft2 165lbs....
White under Stitching was very wierd and a lot had to be pulled out manually with still a lot being stuck by the grey over Stitching...Maybe I was unlucky.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I disagree. Went with hoodies.Quality was had for the price paid, yes. Sizing was very wierd I thought. Had to go for an XL and sleeves still very short and so was the overall length. Usually wear 38L sc, so yeah to be expected but for me to go XXL was unheard of especially being 6ft2 165lbs....
White under Stitching was very wierd and a lot had to be pulled out manually with still a lot being stuck by the grey over Stitching...Maybe I was unlucky.
I might be mixing places up but I remember they're making an improved version with loopwheel? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you buy hoodies from a suit maker instead of decades proven Champion. Perhaps better drape or shoulder shirring?

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a review of Spier’s MTO suit program? Curious if you were happy with the process , delivery time (website says 6-7 weeks), measurements come out accurate?
I had an order for a suit placed in late August, it arrived late October. I didn't change my jacket size, but I did max out the width of their contemporary trousers. Everything fit wonderfully, nice stitching, full canvas (back during the free upgrade) which was worth it. I wish the pleats were deeper, but they're still good looking. As long as you don't mind waiting (potentially) a couple of months, I would say it is worth it, especially if you can catch a discount, or a future full canvas upgrade.

mjd

Reaction score
I 100% agree that the sizing was very very odd. I had to go up 2 sizes to get something that shrunk down to a bit roomy but not overly large. The first one I purchased was in my regular size small and it was almost form fitting. I am 5 foot 6, 135 pounds, not a size Large by any stretch of the imagination. Since it was final sale, the size small purchase went to my under 5 foot and 75 pound 10 year old, and it fit him perfectly.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.