• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

pickergc

Reaction score
So what was the motivation or intention for posting worn affiliate products again? Not enough likes on IG? In SF at least back in the old days we try to improve each other.
Listen, I was (and still am) pretty stoked on this outfit and I wanted to share. Is there a little flexing? Sure. I certainly don't post to get negative feedback. And agian, I do like your perspective.

My whole point: I don't think fit critiques belong in the affiliate thread (unless OP solicits). That's all. If you disagree, so be it.

It's the same with people who start conversations about if the RTW sleeves should be longer, or shorter, or if they're perfect for themselves. Then the thread descends into everyone sounding off on how the sleeves fit them - which has very little to do with S&M. That isn't helpful to anyone.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@pickergc "I just don't think it's at all useful or insightful to debate specific jacket lengths on individuals. "

Yeah that's a good point, I got you now.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The key difference is that he did NOT ask for advice about the fit. Most people who get fit advice ask about it. Many people are continually asking for pictures of items IRL and he was answering the call. Thank you for your service, @pickergc.
First of all, I did not answer his post per se, so no need to wait for approval from him to comment about the fit. I responded to the people commenting.

Secondly, exactly which call was he answering, if I may?

Thirdly, if he was in fact merely showing off the item by answering to calls you claim and not seeking some other kind of feedback or approval, why not just take pictures of the item only without having them put on? That would surely be easier.

You're missing the point here. He responded only to what he perceived as negative comments.

I don't see you all up in flames when someone applauds a fit. The same logic should apply irrespective of whether the feedback is purely on the approving side or suggesting improvements.

By the way, aren't you the same guy that suggested that another member should be able to post as/what he pleases in this exact thread for the simple (read: illogical) reason that he did military service?

My intent was merely to give constructive critique to both the fit and the comments towards the fit. Apparently, this was too much for some. This wraps it up for me. Thanks.

Last edited:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyways back to the norm, looks like the Caramel Corduroy Trouser separates are up on the site now for those wanting to order the full suit

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Corduroy suit looks awesome. Love it when both parts of the suit can be broken up. What pants work with a tan cord jacket though other than jeans? Grey flannel?

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I miss dressing in grown folk clothing. :)

I'm enjoying all the posts and pictures. Enjoy fellas.

Back to my sweat pants and sweat shirt

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Corduroy suit looks awesome. Love it when both parts of the suit can be broken up. What pants work with a tan cord jacket though other than jeans? Grey flannel?
Darker brown. Lighter brown. Olive. Rust donegal!!!

Jlee80

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a review of Spier’s MTO suit program? Curious if you were happy with the process , delivery time (website says 6-7 weeks), measurements come out accurate?

wildcat10

Reaction score
So what was the motivation or intention for posting worn affiliate products again? Not enough likes on IG? In SF at least back in the old days we try to improve each other.
Posting worn affiliate products is very helpful for those of us trying to get an idea of what items look like IRL, get more ideas about styling, etc. Please keep them coming!

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I miss dressing in grown folk clothing. :)

I'm enjoying all the posts and pictures. Enjoy fellas.

Back to my sweat pants and sweat shirt
At least S&M made sweatshirts at some point in the past, guess they didn’t sell well.

Stylewords

Reaction score
That doesn't really work when you're an oppressed minority with no hope for BLM movt.
Ugly people?
Posting worn affiliate products is very helpful for those of us trying to get an idea of what items look like IRL, get more ideas about styling, etc. Please keep them coming!
Less useful when it's professionally posed/touched up instagram shots.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.