• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine are similarly shaped, with pants bar, and I get them in six-packs for about $30 a pack. If I could blow $20 per hanger, I'm pretty sure my suits would mostly just be scattered all over the floor of my yacht while I embarrass myself with my cocaine, firearms collection, and ten Croatian prostitutes.
Similar but those 6 in $30 ones are usually wide but short in height thus creating a rather sharp edge in front of the shoulders which isn't good for soft leather jackets. What you should aim for is this:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disagree. Good, classic length. I despise short jackets. This is the perfect length. A shorter jacket would appear stubby. A longer jacket conceals the hips and tush and emphasizes a cleaner, straighter, narrower leg line.
Classic jacket should be at most as long as the shown trouser. If narrow leg line is required then wear a slim.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that the outfit makes his lower body look shorter than the upper body. At first glance I thought the jacket was at fault as well. But having looked at the outfit again it can either be a deceiving camera angle or the fact that the trousers are a tad to short in combination with the loafers that have a short vamp giving the impression that the lower body is too short vis-a-vis the upper body.

Judging by where the jacket ends, the length seems legit.

Just my 2c..

Last edited:

pickergc

Reaction score
I agree that the outfit makes his lower body look shorter than the upper body. At first, I thought the jacket as at fault as well. But having looked at the outfit again it can either be just e deceiving camera angle or the fact that the trousers are a tad to short in combination with the loafers that have a short vamp giving the impression that the lower body is short.

Judging by where the jacket ends, the length seems legit.

Just my 2c..
While this discourse generally helps others, I also don't think it's productive to discuss the minutiae of fit in an affiliate thread. Save that for the tailors-fit thread.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While this discourse generally helps others, I also don't think it's productive to discuss the minutiae of fit in an affiliate thread. Save that for the tailors-fit thread.
So, you got four fit replies, two that confirmed that the fit was good while two offered personal opinions/improvements and you chose to dismiss the two latter as this is not a thread for commenting fits yet didn't say anything regarding the two positive fit comments?

Sounds to me as your issue is based in something else.

Hundreds and hundreds of pages in this thread testifies to the fact that people seek fit comments in here. Take it for what it is.

/End rant.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, you got four fit replies, two that confirmed that the fit was good while two offered personal opinions/improvements and you chose to dismiss the two latter as this is not a thread for commenting fits yet didn't say anything regarding the two positive fit comments?

Hundreds and hundreds of pages in this thread testifies to the fact that people seek fit comments in here. Take it for what it is.

/End rant.
The key difference is that he did NOT ask for advice about the fit. Most people who get fit advice ask about it. Many people are continually asking for pictures of items IRL and he was answering the call. Thank you for your service, @pickergc.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The key difference is that he did NOT ask for advice about the fit. Most people who get fit advice ask about it. Many people are continually asking for pictures of items IRL and he was answering the call. Thank you for your service, @pickergc.
He didn't ask for it, but not talking about fit and only strictly the affiliate's products would make for a pretty corporate, milquetoast discussion thread.

Maybe I'm used to posting on more "anything goes" forums, but the norms and made up rules ITT feel restrictive.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what was the motivation or intention for posting worn affiliate products again? Not enough likes on IG? In SF at least back in the old days we try to improve each other.

pickergc

Reaction score

/End rant.
I really don't wish to further this, but my response was to the initial comment by @Riva. The other two "positive" comments, were also in response to @Riva 's comment. I happen to agree with them, so I didn't feel the need to bolster their disagreement with @Riva.

I agree, hundreds of pages in the thread testifies to people seeking fit advice. I think that should be continued; my point was having everyone comment if the particular jacket length was appropriate isn't probably the best use of an affiliate thread. To which, in my opinion, should be used to discuss product development, real-life applications, and general fit details of specific items

I'm not going to die on my own cross of fits. I claim to be no expert; you and others have pointed things out to which I try and graciously consider.

I tend to get more out of pictures than written posts of products, so I try to do the same with my items.

He didn't ask for it, but not talking about fit and only strictly the affiliate's products would make for a pretty corporate, milquetoast discussion thread.

Maybe I'm used to posting on more "anything goes" forums, but the norms and made up rules ITT feel restrictive.
I'm not advocating for strict rules on the thread. I just don't think it's at all useful or insightful to debate specific jacket lengths on individuals. Though, on the other hand, where there are major issues with an entire run (i.e. green seersucker suit) I do think it's productive for the thread to discus what I can only assume were manufacturing issues. That discussion was to me, very important.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.