• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dangaa

Reaction score
crap, I bought a medium last year that fit me well, and based off that I ordered two mediums this year. Fingers crossed, but I’m not holding my breath...
On the other hand I have the mediums from last year and other the sleeves being too long were snug all around. I think this time around the mediums will be a much better fit (although I'll most likely have to tailor the sleeves again).

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, those post wash measurements actually could work for me..seems like they shrink a good amount
I think I am going to risk it and keep my Slim Small and throw it in the wash, on a warm cycle and air dry to see if mine shrinks a good amount. I will update here if I go through with it

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a before and after for reference.

Also just to be clear...I'm not shitting on S&M for this. Rick and Mike are my boys and have been really great to me over the years. I've known about the shrinkage but just got lazy to go to the dry cleaner and wanted to give others a heads up.

Before
20201124_144835.jpg

After
20201128_181911.jpg

Rassul-3D

Reaction score

1. Here's a before and after for reference.

Also just to be clear...I'm not shitting on S&M for this. Rick and Mike are my boys and have been really great to me over the years. I've known about the shrinkage but just got lazy to go to the dry cleaner and wanted to give others a heads up.

Before
    View attachment 1506506

After
    View attachment 1506507
    Is that really from a cold wash and hang dry?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a before and after for reference.

Before
View attachment 1506506

After
View attachment 1506507
Wow that is a lot of shrinkage, even my LS Polo I got on sale this past summer, I think from FW2018, didnt shrink this much in a cold wash/hang dry. Maybe your washer is actually using warm water instead of cold water on the setting?

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow that is a lot of shrinkage, even my LS Polo I got on sale this past summer, I think from FW2018, didnt shrink this much in a cold wash/hang dry. Maybe your washer is actually using warm water instead of cold water on the setting
Lol that would be disastrous!

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This probably became a bigger issue than needed...if you can deal with a bit of shrinkage you're fine and if not use the dry cleaner.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't worry. If you never wash them, you never have to worry.
I think a lot of people wash their clothes more often than needed. Unless you’re profusely sweating in your shirts/pants and not wearing an undershirt, they can go many wears before smelling or needing a wash
Lol that would be disastrous!
I think one shirt from S&M I washed in warm water cycle because that is what the tag said and that didn’t even shrink this much! Looks almost like it was in hot water or was thrown in the dryer on medium heat. I’d send S&M an email or Rick a message on IG, that is crazy shrinkage on a brand new shirt and those shirts are a decent amount of money to just be scared of washing

DcDrape

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any taller individuals on here that have experience with the polo coat sleeve length. I typically wear a 40L in jacket size and have to have the sleeves shortened by no more than a quarter of a inch. When I look at the dimensions on the website for the polo coat sleeve, I worry that I will have dress shirt and potentially jacket sleeve hanging outside of the polo coat. I was already debating on the 42 for the extra shoulder space but am still concerned. Would love to hear if anyone has had experience in this area!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.