• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody has tried the casual shirts? I usually go with 16.5/42 Slim... according to the measurements the L Contemporary should work. I feel the XL Slim might be a little tight at the chest.

I have an exchange processing right now on that shirt. Technically a small slim was a perfect fit per the size chart, but the shoulders, chest, and arms were more narrow than I liked. I have some medium slims reserved for me that should work great. They are definitely short, you can tell they’re designed to be worn untucked. That said, I plan on tucking them into high rise Wranglers, which seemed to work when I tested it.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an exchange processing right now on that shirt. Technically a small slim was a perfect fit per the size chart, but the shoulders, chest, and arms were more narrow than I liked. I have some medium slims reserved for me that should work great. They are definitely short, you can tell they’re designed to be worn untucked. That said, I plan on tucking them into high rise Wranglers, which seemed to work when I tested it.
I ended ordering one of these in MTO. Loved the fabric but don't like how short S&M makes their RTW shirts. Canadians must be shorter than Americans. LOL

ShibuiC

Reaction score
New MTO trews in full effect. Straight out the box, they’re pretty legit. Specs: 32 contemporary. 12” high-rise. Extended waist band. Single reverse pleat. Side tabs. Brace buttons. 1.75” cuffs. The inseam I asked for 32.5, but these seem to measure 32”. I’m not trippin’ off that; the inseam for now seems to be A1. Might just take them to the tailor to add heel guards to amplify/solidify the drape.
Trousers look great! So with the 1" increase in rise, did you have to make any other adjustments to account for that or does everything else remain the same?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ended ordering one of these in MTO. Loved the fabric but don't like how short S&M makes their RTW shirts. Canadians must be shorter than Americans. LOL
I thought about ordering a western shirt in MtO, but did not see an option for pearl snap buttons. What are doing for buttons?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is due to the fact that Rick wanted this shirt line to have an untucked fit, and not be tucked in. If this was designed to be tucked in, then there would be an issue for sure

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is due to the fact that Rick wanted this shirt line to have an untucked fit, and not be tucked in. If this was designed to be tucked in, then there would be an issue for sure
Still doesn’t work for my freakish torso. The good news is there is MTO.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still doesn’t work for my freakish torso. The good news is there is MTO.
The standard SM length for my neck-sleeve size, 32", is just barely long enough to tuck in and stay tucked (I am 6-2, wear 44L jackets and 17-36 shirts). I can wear them as "untucked," on the rare occasions I want to go that route. The western shirts that just dropped, and the popover, are 2" shorter than the standard. That is going to be way too short for me as well, even worn untucked. So if I do an MTO western shirt, I will add those 2" back, and maybe another for good measure. Will be interested to see Wingnut's MTO western

wilcthree

Reaction score
Trousers look great! So with the 1" increase in rise, did you have to make any other adjustments to account for that or does everything else remain the same?
Many thanks. Good question. I was wondering if the higher rise might be the reason for the differential in the inseam. I'll have to talk more with their MTO/MTM folks, as I added the 32.5" after the fact upon realizing I mistakenly requested 32.25".

Last edited:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The standard SM length for my neck-sleeve size, 32", is just barely long enough to tuck in and stay tucked (I am 6-2, wear 44L jackets and 17-36 shirts). I can wear them as "untucked," on the rare occasions I want to go that route. The western shirts that just dropped, and the popover, are 2" shorter than the standard. That is going to be way too short for me as well, even worn untucked. So if I do an MTO western shirt, I will add those 2" back, and maybe another for good measure. Will be interested to see Wingnut's MTO western
I do agree the dress shirts for me (14.5x33 Slim is 29”) after a wash end up being a little under 29” and they do have a hard time staying tucked in, especially in the back. Though, it is still a tad bit long for me to be worn untucked, but can still be done. I am curious how this shirt will be in Small Slim for me, as my MTO shirts are being made for 28” in length for being worn untucked, so may have to see if that can still be changed if I find this too short

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, damn... I ordered an L Contemporary... should I go with XL Contemporary?

sargeinaz

Reaction score
I got the long sleeve polos today. Here’s a few pics and a short review. I wear a 15-34-35 slim shirt, a 38/40 jacket and 30/30 pants. I got the medium. Shoulders are perfect. Chest is relaxed. The small would have been better here. I’m happy I got the medium for the extra sleeve length. The collar is a little big on me. Rick said the medium had a 16.5” collar, but would shrink to a 16 after washing. I hope it does. I wish the shirt was a little shorter, but I’ll probably wear it tucked in on most occasions. The collar is big. It is 3.75”. The S&M oxfords have a 3.5” collar. The right collar point is rolling nicely. The left side not so much yet. Hopefully it’ll settle down after washing and ironing. Fabric feels soft and breathable. I’d highly recommend these. I’ll report back after washing. Ignore the dad jeans.

View attachment 1504864
View attachment 1504866
View attachment 1504867
View attachment 1504865
View attachment 1504868
Shirt looks great. Please update us on shrinkage after wash and dry. Wear in good health!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.