• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
Im on the fence about these safaris. Part of my loves the look, the other half makes me feel they're very "cartoonish". Like, I feel they're a bit costumey. Would you wear it to a meeting? To the office? Or just casually?
I guess we need to look into these "tundra safaris" I keep hearing about...

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, what do you have in your wardrobe?

Just looking at mine, I can see it working with any light or mid-grey trousers. Cream jeans, light coloured khakis.

Possibly camel moleskins, wheat corduroys.

I'd avoid any summery blue shirts, polo shirts are notorious for that. Otherwise any other blue or white shirt or white polo should work too.
Pretty well only stick to blues, browns, grays, greens. Mainly things like chinos, denim, oxfords, flannels, etc.

mak1277

Reaction score
Im on the fence about these safaris. Part of my loves the look, the other half makes me feel they're very "cartoonish". Like, I feel they're a bit costumey. Would you wear it to a meeting? To the office? Or just casually?
I would wear it as outerwear almost exclusively. These in particular look pretty heavy and not like anything I'd want to keep on indoors. I think they're dressy enough to wear to work with business casual though if you're not wearing a sport coat. I'd strongly consider something like this over, say, a peacoat of similar weight, just as something different.

Edit - Peacoat is probably a bad example because they're likely a lot warmer...I'm just thinking this is a good looking jacket that could be worn casually and also not out of place with tailored trousers, OCBD, sweater, etc.

thisfits

Reaction score
I, for one, am awfully jealous of your referral code and its personality.

Maybe I should send an email to change my code to ESQUIREYEET
Just checked mine for the first time: 33UGHT. As in "UGH, how am I going to pay for this latest S&M drop?"

Or maybe "I 33UGHT one cardigan in every color even though it's 75 degrees out."

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Has Rick indicated what the price of the Safari jackets will be? Trying to decide how excited I should be getting about these things. I haven't bitten on Suit Supply's safari jackets at $269, even though that still seems like a bargain, so I can't see myself pulling the trigger on one of these unless it's less.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has Rick indicated what the price of the Safari jackets will be? Trying to decide how excited I should be getting about these things. I haven't bitten on Suit Supply's safari jackets at $269, even though that still seems like a bargain, so I can't see myself pulling the trigger on one of these unless it's less.
My guess would be around 300 CAD to be competitive with other makers out there.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SS' safari jackets has a terrible fit and drape. I returned mine immediately. Several others here have had the exact same experience and returned theirs as well. Just FYI.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
SS' safari jackets has a terrible fit and drape. I returned mine immediately. Several others here have had the exact same experience and returned theirs as well. Just FYI.
Oh, ok. I missed those posts. Thanks for the feedback, as I'd considered ordering the SS safari. I'll wait to see S&M's safaris.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Don't bother with SS safari, horrible fit. I guess the price justifies that. But I tried a 36 and it's large and long. I'm a 38 Slim with S&M

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking “oh, that’s why their styling looks so...uh...uh...not my taste.”
I was thinking the same thing this morning when I looked at the brown flannel, like who is doing this! :blush:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's