• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

XxLogo

Reaction score
For the cotton chinos anybody know what size to order? Same as suit trousers? Or should I account for shrinkage and go up a size in the waist or go from slim -> contemporary? I normally do a 33 slim in S&M suit trousers.

Also any insights into which of the ties would be great to go on for solid staples? I don't wear ties on a regular basis (ie. outside of work) but I'm a young physician about to spend a lot of the next few years in clinic, so shirt + tie at least 3 days a week.
Best way would be to take some measurements and compare to size charts. However, definitely don't size up for shrinkage as they add fabric in the factory to account for this. There should be very little shrinkage with a cold wash/hang dry, however make sure you wash before getting hemmed.
As for sizing, I would say stick to 33 Slim if you plan to wear it in the same area as your dress trousers (i.e. natural waist-ish). If you have larger thighs, may need to go contemporary though. Worst case scenario you can exchange!

dangaa

Reaction score
So.... anyone noticed now your account order history is showing EVERYONES order history? did they get hacked?

Another reason why you should not use your visa or regular password for their "improved" website.
I think this happened to me yesterday when i accidentally used the wrong password to log in. For some reason it didn't give me an incorrect password prompt but still gave me access.

For me when it happened I couldn't pull my profile information (or place an order) as it returned an 'invalid user ID' message but I could see order history with buyer/payment details blanked out.

Is that what you are seeing?

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
So.... anyone noticed now your account order history is showing EVERYONES order history? did they get hacked?

Another reason why you should not use your visa or regular password for their "improved" website.
I think this happened to me yesterday when i accidentally used the wrong password to log in. For some reason it didn't give me an incorrect password prompt but still gave me access.

For me when it happened I couldn't pull my profile information (or place an order) as it returned an 'invalid user ID' message but I could see order history with buyer/payment details blanked out.

Is that what you are seeing?
Looks like some kind of test account. The order numbers look fake, and at the very least my order from yesterday is not in there.

I suggest we all report the bug.

caktaylor

Reaction score
For the cotton chinos anybody know what size to order? Same as suit trousers? Or should I account for shrinkage and go up a size in the waist or go from slim -> contemporary? I normally do a 33 slim in S&M suit trousers.

Also any insights into which of the ties would be great to go on for solid staples? I don't wear ties on a regular basis (ie. outside of work) but I'm a young physician about to spend a lot of the next few years in clinic, so shirt + tie at least 3 days a week.
For chinos, I buy my normal wool trouser size.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input regarding measurements and fit with the high rise trousers. I'm comparing measurements from the size guide with measurements from a pair of trouser I have at home. The S&M trousers will reuqire some alterations. For those of you that have gone the MTO route, what kind of trouser alterations are allowed? For one, I can see that you're only asked to insert rise measurements. I suppose that's the front rise. What about back rise?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just found @afterthesuit guide/review of S&M's MTO program, and apparently it's not possible to adjust the front/back rise balance. That's a deal breaker for me, as I require a much higher back rise compared to the front rise to accommondate for a larger seat.

Last edited:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input regarding measurements and fit with the high rise trousers. I'm comparing measurements from the size guide with measurements from a pair of trouser I have at home. The S&M trousers will reuqire some alterations. For those of you that have gone the MTO route, what kind of trouser alterations are allowed? For one, I can see that you're only asked to insert rise measurements. I suppose that's the front rise. What about back rise?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just found @afterthesuit guide/review of S&M's MTO program, and apparently it's not possible to adjust the front/back rise balance. That's a deal breaker for me, as I require a much higher back rise compared to the front rise to accommondate for a larger seat.
Clearly bespoke category which is cheap for pants.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clearly bespoke category which is cheap for pants.
Yeah, but not with S&M in this case since I'm residing in Europe.

XxLogo

Reaction score
Emerald doesn't seem like a particularly wearable colour for versatility IMO. Especially if that's a flannel.
I kind of agree, and think a brown flannel would've been nicer, but this looks great and I'll probably be buying it anyways if that is the only colour available. Also looks like the saturation is higher than normal, so maybe it is a charcoal? Guess we'll find out soon enough

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's