• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

lpast

Reaction score
Height: 178cm
weight: about 80kg
I also have similar specs. I all of my S&M sport coats are 38R Contemporary. I would suggest you try contemporary.

We might be built differently, but those are appr. my specs as well, and I take 40R. Would definitely, under no circumstances, be able to fit into 38. I could take 42 as well, but prefer the silhoutte of 40. Just my 2 cents...

FWIW, I should add that I trained in gym for appr. 13 years, so I have a large drop which you seem to have as well. Not active now as the slightest lifting would push me over towards a size 42, but I've kept much of the muscular foundation in the upper body.
How contemplative going to 40R as well. I'm assuming the most I have to gain is a bit more drape. What are your major issues with 38?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also have similar specs. I all of my S&M sport coats are 38R Contemporary. I would suggest you try contemporary.

How contemplative going to 40R as well. I'm assuming the most I have to gain is a bit more drape. What are your major issues with 38?
To tight overall and to short.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Angelico Bright Navy Hopsack has a beautiful shade of blue. Wish it either was available through MTO or in the Neopolitan cut.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems this was released last year as well? Curious if there is any photos of it out there and how it compares to the SS Angelico Navy Hopsack
Not sure, tbh. But it looks like the perfect bright shade of navy. I have several navy (hopsack) jackets. But they're all dark/midnight. This one would definitely fill a void in the navy department in my wardrobe.

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
this looks like a perfect fit- how tall are you? Also, is this the moss green?

I’m starting to be concerned about the sleeve length on the small I ordered..,
Yes, this is the moss green. Pants are the dark brown moleskin. The colors are muddled a bit due to very soft indoor lighting and zooming.

I'm 5'9" (175 cm), but my torso is quite a bit longer than my legs. If my legs were the same length as my torso I'd be 6' 🙃

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last years version had the patch breast pocket, it's a heavier hopsack - a really nice fabric.

I think that one is available in the MTO section. But it's described simply as navy. So I suppose it's darker.

EDIT: forget it. It was a plain fabric and not hopsack.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure, tbh. But it looks like the perfect bright shade of navy. I have several navy (hopsack) jackets. But they're all dark/midnight. This one would definitely fill a void in the navy department in my wardrobe.
It almost looks like the navy sweaters where it has like a purple/navy hue to it. Unique compared to the traditional dark almost black navy
Last years version had the patch breast pocket, it's a heavier hopsack - a really nice fabric.

Hmmmm, wonder if this fabric would be a better year round navy sport coat compared to the SS Angelico Navy Hopsack for me in Canada...

c.bisesar

Reaction score
It seems this was released last year as well? Curious if there is any photos of it out there and how it compares to the SS Angelico Navy Hopsack
Can't compare it to the most recent iteration, but I've got the SS19 jacket. It's definitely a vibrant shade of navy, pretty much just blue. I've attached a shot in daylight beside some other S&M jackets for a reference point.

Attachments

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't compare it to the most recent iteration, but I've got the SS19 jacket. It's definitely a vibrant shade of navy, pretty much just blue. I've attached a shot in daylight beside some other S&M jackets for a reference point.
Thanks for the pics, mate. Yours look really vibrant. What's the fabric code of it? Do you like it?

Is that brown SC in your wardrobe the Drago slub that was available a couple of seasons ago? I like it.

c.bisesar

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, mate. Yours look really vibrant. What's the fabric code of it? Do you like it?

Is that brown SC in your wardrobe the Drago slub that was available a couple of seasons ago? I like it.
Always happy to help. The code is 2504-001/4-32152-SS19-SLIM -40. This was one of the first jackets I got from S&M and probably the most worn. Very light and airy, and the color is quite nice. Definitely doesn't replace the typical navy jacket, but is a nice addition.

Yup, that's the Drago Brown Slub - another great jacket. I've got two Drago jackets so far and I love them both.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.