• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course I couldn’t resist the Fox jacket. But I also picked up the brown shawl cardigan and three of the knit polos. Those polos could become a fav for around the house if they fit well. Looking forward to other people’s thoughts on them if they get theirs first.

mbb355

Reaction score
Of course I couldn’t resist the Fox jacket. But I also picked up the brown shawl cardigan and three of the knit polos. Those polos could become a fav for around the house if they fit well. Looking forward to other people’s thoughts on them if they get theirs first.
what color polos, out of curiosity?

emiratiAL

Reaction score
I have 2. This is the herringbone in size
40:
View attachment 1478833

This is the camel in size 38:
View attachment 1478835

for reference, I'm 5’10.5”, 155-160, and wear a 38R Contemporary Spier jacket. I feel like both fit, though the herringbone feels like it has more room for movement with a jacket underneath. That said, I’ve hesitated to size up on the camel because of the pliability of the fabric- since it’s not as stiff as the herringbone, I’d be concerned the markers of a jacket that’s too big (divots in the shoulder specifically) would be more pronounced.

Also, @MacGuffen: not the brown one, but still both coats you referenced
Thanks for sharing. I think you've settled the case for me now, and I'll buy my regular SC 42R.

Based on your photos, I think it's certainly the more flattering of the fits.

Last edited:

MacGuffen

Reaction score
40:
View attachment 1478833

View attachment 1478835

for reference, I'm 5’10.5”, 155-160, and wear a 38R Contemporary Spier jacket. I feel like both fit, though the herringbone feels like it has more room for movement with a jacket underneath. That said, I’ve hesitated to size up on the camel because of the pliability of the fabric- since it’s not as stiff as the herringbone, I’d be concerned the markers of a jacket that’s too big (divots in the shoulder specifically) would be more pronounced.

I think they both look fantastic on you. Thanks so much for the pics and stats, that makes it much easier for me to choose size! 👍

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
40:
View attachment 1478833

View attachment 1478835

I echo this. True sportcoat size for wool/cashmere DB, size up for Zanieri cloth because it's thicker

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They've already discounted the Fox Bros brown check from USD598 to USD498? 😕

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was always showing as 498 usd for me - that's the price I paid when I purchased it about 12 hours ago.
That is weird. It showed 598 for me. And it was usd and not cad, cause the brown houndstooth was 448.

Enjoy it, mate! I've seen a couple of pics of it in the wild now, and the green looks rather muted.

dapperclassic

Reaction score
Very happy you picked up the shawl cardigan 😁 what size did you go for?

Considering our top halves are almost identical (based on how our SC's fit) I can't wait to see how the cardigan fits on you. 👍🏼

dapperclassic

Reaction score
That is weird. It showed 598 for me. And it was usd and not cad, cause the brown houndstooth was 448.

Enjoy it, mate! I've seen a couple of pics of it in the wild now, and the green looks rather muted.
Thank you mate! This was an instant purchase for me, actually really love the green check. I have a similar summer piece from another maker (brown check with green overcheck) and it is really easy to pair.

Already bought more than I was expecting this season and have MTO's on the way too, hopefully no more. 🙈

XxLogo

Reaction score
Thank you mate! This was an instant purchase for me, actually really love the green check. I have a similar summer piece from another maker (brown check with green overcheck) and it is really easy to pair.

Already bought more than I was expecting this season and have MTO's on the way too, hopefully no more. 🙈
That's what we all say, then Rick comes out with something else you've been looking for for a while next week and you just say to yourself "okay, just this last piece and that's it!". Rinse and repeat 😂

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to that emerald green SC... 🙄

EUtroll

Reaction score
That's what we all say, then Rick comes out with something else you've been looking for for a while next week and you just say to yourself "okay, just this last piece and that's it!". Rinse and repeat 😂
I do love the colours but I just wish the pattern was smaller.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's