• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

DavidKong

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to S&M

Are there big differences between S&M slim and contemporary fit ?
I wear 38R Lazio for suitsupply , which fit shall i go for ?

Thanks

Ladislav

Reaction score
Ok guys, I promise, I ask about the topic for the last time. Who of You do buy overcoat in one size up in comparison with your regular sc/suit size? I know 1st Step does that. I’m that eager on gathering some meritorious information, as I plan to pull a trigger on some peacoat and as being settled in Europe, I don’t wanna turn up to be unlucky with over coat/peacoat being too tight. Thx

Last edited:

Ebichuman

Reaction score
Ok guys, I promise, I ask about the topic for the last time. Who of You do buy overcoat in one size up in comparison with your regular sc/suit size? I know 1st Step does that. I’m that eager on gathering some meritorious information, as I plan to pull a trigger on some peak coat and as being settled in Europe, I don’t wanna turn up to be unlucky with over coat/peak coat being too tight. Thx
Overcoats from previous seasons used to be on the smaller side and general advice was to size up. Current ones are, per Rick, sized in a way that buying your regular size will be OK. I can't guarantee this as I don't own any outerwear from Spier but that's my understanding. Perhaps you should ask about the specific coat you're looking to buy and someone who purchased it could shed some light on its specific sizing.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own two overcoats from S&M and I get the same size as my SCs.

CaliforniaTux

Reaction score
Ok guys, I promise, I ask about the topic for the last time. Who of You do buy overcoat in one size up in comparison with your regular sc/suit size? I know 1st Step does that. I’m that eager on gathering some meritorious information, as I plan to pull a trigger on some peacoat and as being settled in Europe, I don’t wanna turn up to be unlucky with over coat/peacoat being too tight. Thx
I have last year’s polo coat and I ordered it in my usual size. It fits well over a sport coat.

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
I see the burgundy polo coat up for sale in size 42 and I was considering purchase a size down from my normal suit size(44). Looking at the size chart it should fit with 3 inch extra around chest and waist but that's only if the measurement are true to size. I know I heard that people needed to size up before and I'm here wondering If can size down for it. Looking for any size suggestion on that Burgundy herringbone polo coat?

cr2596

Reaction score
I have a SB overcoat in 40R, and I typically wear a 38. Quite glad I sized up, as it is close to being too tight with an SC, as it is. A 38 definitely would be too tight with an SC.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can also confirm the covert twill from last year are a little bit slimmer, especially considering they're "high rise" and pleated.

However, since the cavalry twill trousers you guys seem to be speaking of don't exist I would say those are infinitely slimmer.
what's the difference?

ptfly

Reaction score
I believe covert is the use of two color yarns (jaspe'/twisted yarn) in a twill. I think it is usually a single angled twill effect.
Cavalry twill is a weave structure. I would have to look in my weaving book but it is usually a steep angle and I usually recognize from a two line steep twill effect.
They are close cousins.

Last edited:

hpreston

Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments