• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

wilcthree

Reaction score
So was it just this run of cavalry twills that were unusually slim? I got a 33 contemporary in both the cavalry twill and the flannel, both being my first S&M trousers, and they unfortunately slim. I'm usually a 31 inch waist, but work out extensively so I'm used to things not fitting exactly how I want them, but I thought both sizing up AND going contemporary would, worst case, be loose so that I could atleast taper them
Hmmm... yeh, seems so. The FW '19 drop of the calvary twills seemed to skew slim, even for contemporary. The rest of my contemporary trousers fit consistent except for those. Haven't taken them to the tailor so hopefully we can work with them.

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
So was it just this run of cavalry twills that were unusually slim? I got a 33 contemporary in both the cavalry twill and the flannel, both being my first S&M trousers, and they unfortunately slim. I'm usually a 31 inch waist, but work out extensively so I'm used to things not fitting exactly how I want them, but I thought both sizing up AND going contemporary would, worst case, be loose so that I could atleast taper them
I can also confirm the covert twill from last year are a little bit slimmer, especially considering they're "high rise" and pleated.

However, since the cavalry twill trousers you guys seem to be speaking of don't exist I would say those are infinitely slimmer.

Will23

Reaction score
Do any of you have any experience with letting S&M blazers out from the back seam? And trousers ?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Marling & Evans FW cloth selections are now in the MTO section.

This might be my fav right now, loving the low gorge and one button cuffs. Other details on this one include Milanese buttonhole and extra shirring on the shoulders.

FA6D4DF7-4510-41B5-8986-914002BD9CE0.jpeg
68A83C21-237B-4D1F-BFE7-7F22CBA0F0BB.jpeg

mbb355

Reaction score

This might be my fav right now, loving the low gorge and one button cuffs. Other details on this one include Milanese buttonhole and extra shirring on the shoulders.

View attachment 1463571View attachment 1463572
Looking good, such a great cloth! Way more windowpane patterns should take inspiration from this cloth

wilcthree

Reaction score
I can also confirm the covert twill from last year are a little bit slimmer, especially considering they're "high rise" and pleated.

However, since the cavalry twill trousers you guys seem to be speaking of don't exist I would say those are infinitely slimmer.
Ha! That's fair. Appreciate you keeping us on track with the different twills.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh boy, this might get out of hands for me.

How do you specify these things and what do S&M charge for the effort?

Last edited:

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh boy, this might get out of hands for me.

How do you specify these things and what do S&M charge for the effort?
you can specify in the notes. If you go with full canvas the Milanese buttonhole is free when requested. No charges for the low gorge or extra shirring.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you can specify in the notes. If you go with full canvas the Milanese buttonhole is free when requested. No charges for the low gorge or extra shirring.
Thanks for quick reply. How are you finding the extra shirring on heavier cloths? I've only combined it with lighter, more casual summer cloths.

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it me, or are quite a few seasonal MTO fabrics on sale?
Indeed they are, causing my wallet serious damage. That and @Burzan IG showing off all his SCs.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's