• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

tripreed

Reaction score
My cotton suit came in. Initial thoughts. The jacket is a 38 slim. It is too slim for my taste, but not tight at all. The pants are a 32 contemporary. I usually wear a 30 pants, but the 30 contemporary pants were very tight on me. The 32s are too slim for my taste, but again not tight. I’m worried about the silhouette once I take the waist in. It may cause the pockets to gape and weird radial lines in the front of the pants.

What do you think?
I think it looks good.

XxLogo

Reaction score
Question, I know Extra Slim is slimmer in the chest and waist, but are the arms also slimmer? Considering trying out an Extra Slim shirt compared to my normal "Slim".

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to get one of them, but I mainly wear casual button ups, t shirt under sweater, etc. so don't think I'd get a lot of use out of them, which is unfortunate
That's the perfect wardrobe for a shawl cardigan though, or regular cardigan.

XxLogo

Reaction score
That's the perfect wardrobe for a shawl cardigan though, or regular cardigan.
I may look into it, but was thinking of getting a merino 1/4 zip instead, and then possibly get the S&M vest as that interests me. However at this point anything can change with what curveballs @spiermackay throws at me every season with shirts lol

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may look into it, but was thinking of getting a merino 1/4 zip instead, and then possibly get the S&M vest as that interests me. However at this point anything can change with what curveballs @spiermackay throws at me every season with shirts lol
All good man, whatever interests you.

NavyHopsack

Reaction score
Question, I know Extra Slim is slimmer in the chest and waist, but are the arms also slimmer? Considering trying out an Extra Slim shirt compared to my normal "Slim".
I've mainly worn Extra Slim and just gotten a Slim in last week. Yes, the Extra Slim is a bit slimmer in the arms. I am 131lbs, 5'7", normally wear 14.5/33 in shirts and 36R slim in jackets. The Slim's work better for me in the chest and armpit area but the Extra Slim is better in the arms. Guess I'll just need to work out my arms more to fit better into the Slim ;)

XxLogo

Reaction score
I've mainly worn Extra Slim and just gotten a Slim in last week. Yes, the Extra Slim is a bit slimmer in the arms. I am 131lbs, 5'7", normally wear 14.5/33 in shirts and 36R slim in jackets. The Slim's work better for me in the chest and armpit area but the Extra Slim is better in the arms. Guess I'll just need to work out my arms more to fit better into the Slim ;)
Okay, think I will try a couple extra slim shirts. I have been wearing the Slim 14.5x33" for the past bit. Sounds like I am the same, the slim fits well in the chest, but a bit too big in the arms and could have a bit more out of the waist; it is still way better than most shirts I bought in the past, however.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tripreed

Reaction score
Did anyone get the Minnis "Mocklino" jacket? I swear that I haven't seen anyone post one. I'm set in the navy blazer department, so I couldn't really justify it, but wished that they had done a green version like the Sid Mashburn one. It seems like such a great jacket, especially for warmer climates, but appears that it hasn't sold well at all.

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
Did anyone get the Minnis "Mocklino" jacket? I swear that I haven't seen anyone post one. I'm set in the navy blazer department, so I couldn't really justify it, but wished that they had done a green version like the Sid Mashburn one. It seems like such a great jacket, especially for warmer climates, but appears that it hasn't sold well at all.
I haven't seen any either, but I would like to see it as well if someone has it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's