• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would any of the FW M&E cloths be considered a solid or resolving to solid dark blue or navy? @Burzan

carterjones

Reaction score
Anyone know the current wait times for suit and shirt MTO orders?
I put in an order for a SC during the free full canvas upgrade back on June 19th (13 weeks now) and am still waiting. I'm sure the sale increased order volume so I suspect that may have caused the delay or maybe I got unlucky and it's being held up by customs.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello friends and friendettes. 5'8 143 lbs, very small waist (28 inches natural waist), proportional shoulders and chest (36.2 or something like that on chest measurement, but shoulders slightly narrower than usual). Prefer a slightly drapier fit with a slightly extended shoulder (shout out dieworkwear's article on extended shoulders)

I just ordered a 36 Contemporary. SuitSupply 34 Lazio is an arguably correct fit in the shoulders (but a bit too narrow for my preferences) but too tight in the chest for me, SuitSupply 34 Napoli fits me well and I adore that it has a more extended shoulders but is also too big in the waist, SuitSupply 36 Lazio fits me well in the shoulders too but probably needs a bit taken in in the chest/back and a lot taken in in the waist.

I also like a longer/classic length coat. I thought SuitSupplys' 34 Lazio and 34 Napoli were still a bit shor tand that 36 Lazio's length was perfect.

I had consulted the size chart for both SS and S&M and had determined that a 36 Slim would probably fit me best (except 36 Slim would be 0.5 cm shorter than the 36 Lazio whose length I loved) but ... unfortunately the 36 slim was out of stock for the suit fabric I wanted.

As it's going to be many weeks before the suit arrives someone pls validate that I made the right choice while I sit here fretting

thanks
You ordered a custom suit without knowing your size? There are always things (at deep discount) you could have ordered and even returned for free to nail the fit before going MTO.

Yinzer

Reaction score
I put in an order for a SC during the free full canvas upgrade back on June 19th (13 weeks now) and am still waiting. I'm sure the sale increased order volume so I suspect that may have caused the delay or maybe I got unlucky and it's being held up by customs.
Mine took about 1.5 months, I ordered the same time as you and got the shipping notice around early August. I went with the standard sportcoat and am in the US.

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
I did a MTO suit during the free canvas upgrade recently, near the end of August. I was hoping to get it by mid October. I hope that 6-8 weeks will ring true in my case. 🤞🏻 fingers crossed.

XxLogo

Reaction score
@spiermackay pls put the oatmeal peacoat up, I need to buy it before my fiscal sense returns to me
My guess is it will be up end of next week, but could be the following week as well. They seem to only tease items when they are at their warehouse/shop in their hands, so only a matter of time lol

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent. Spier Mackay should have this fabric in their standard range. Pretty sure it'd sell out quickly. Such a unique yet versatile colour.

What's the price for MTO? Might go that route and just ask them to make it in a standard Neo 40R cut/specs.
you can email them for pricing on the new cloth now.

Would any of the FW M&E cloths be considered a solid or resolving to solid dark blue or navy? @Burzan
this one is a solid navy, same range as my burgundy. I can try and snap a couple more pics in various light for you.

F7E6DEFA-2F93-44E6-9355-8B7EEDF171FC.jpeg

hschrapel

Reaction score
20200919_171750.jpg
20200919_171553.jpg
Only had a 38L instead of a 38R left on this steal, but after a small alteration to the sleeve length, I quite like it.
Featuring also a custom S&M shirt. Waiting for Spier to offer some grenadine ties so I can invest in a dark brown, which I feel would compliment this much better

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's