• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spex

Reaction score

Another question for everyone, what do you guys see as pairing with the green or burgundy in terms of shirt color combinations? 

My personal sartorial policy is only one non-standard/non-neutral color at a time (here green or burgundy) so in this case I'd stick with the usual suspects - white or blue. I'd also offset it with a jacket or sweater in navy, dark brown or grey. Brown would be my last choice this time.

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lighter blue goes great with green trousers or jackets. Of course white with anything.
Green trousers is very easy to wear IMO and that shade is nice, go for it!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My personal sartorial policy is only one non-standard/non-neutral color at a time (here green or burgundy) so in this case I'd stick with the usual suspects - white or blue. I'd also offset it with a jacket or sweater in navy, dark brown or grey. Brown would be my last choice this time.

Lighter blue goes great with green trousers or jackets. Of course white with anything.
Green trousers is very easy to wear IMO and that shade is nice, go for it!

Thanks guys. I have a few pairs of pants in olive tones that I find quite versatile, this green is a bit more bold and I am quite drawn to it so I appreciate the input.

cloud82

Reaction score
Depends on the size/fit. We have a total of 263 pcs across 7 colours/2 fits/all sizes. I'll open it up to SF first before we put out the email.

Hi Rick,

Love the look of the new flannels.
I'm afraid this might be a long shot but... will there be 28 slim? If not, at least 30 slim?

Thanks,
Peter.

dappercanadian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am seriously having a hard time deciding on colors, are they heavy to the point they are basically a winter only trouser?

I own some wools already in the greys and navys that would probably end up as overlaps in my collection, but then again those are the most staple colors that get more use. On the other hand I love the green, burgundy, and tan but those will see less time in the rotation. I think 3 pairs will be my max.

Another question for everyone, what do you guys see as pairing with the green or burgundy in terms of shirt color combinations? 

They're definitely warm, but not too warm. I would wear them for Fall/Winter.

The brown/tan/oatmeal or whatever you want to call it is basically a light grey with beige undertones. I grabbed a pair, pics really don't do them justice.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ in case there is none left for me on Monday, where do you live, Dapper?:sly:

kczsilence

Reaction score
These aren't up yet on the site till Tuesday correct?

Not in Canada, so unable to go to any of the stores. Definitely don't want to miss out

Spex

Reaction score
These aren't up yet on the site till Tuesday correct?

Not in Canada, so unable to go to any of the stores. Definitely don't want to miss out

For once we Canadians (well...Torontonians) get some sort of advantage! Haha!

On another note, Rick, what price at the usual trousers increasing to? I received an email saying there will be a price hike in Oct.

Spex

Reaction score
I am seriously having a hard time deciding on colors, are they heavy to the point they are basically a winter only trouser?

I'm wondering this as well. If the S&M flannel is 350 gsm, and if my research is correct, this is under 12 oz.

According to this thread, even 12 oz would be light weight flannel. If this is true, that's a good thing, based on the environments I dwell in.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/268765/bespoke-flannel-trousers-cloth-weight

Maybe it was a typo and it's actually 530 gsm..

kczsilence

Reaction score
Anyone know the exact difference between contemporary and slim? Measurements for rise, thighs, knees, leg opening? And is true to size actually true to size or is there maybe like a half inch difference (up?)

Just want to make sure and prepared to order for tomorrow. Any idea when they'll be up? Going to try to stay up for it!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For once we Canadians (well...Torontonians) get some sort of advantage! Haha!

On another note, Rick, what price at the usual trousers increasing to? I received an email saying there will be a price hike in Oct.

Regular trousers will increase to $118/pair up from $110/pair now, but will still see a $20/pair discount on bundles. Not a big increase, but the new factory, their trouser cost is higher, but honestly, the finish is excellent. Still an amazing value.

I'm wondering this as well. If the S&M flannel is 350 gsm, and if my research is correct, this is under 12 oz.

According to this thread, even 12 oz would be light weight flannel. If this is true, that's a good thing, based on the environments I dwell in.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/268765/bespoke-flannel-trousers-cloth-weight

Maybe it was a typo and it's actually 530 gsm..

Not a typo. These are 350 gsm. They are thick and warm, but not as insanely heavy as Fox Bros or Even the Huddersfield Flannel, which comes in at 450 gms. We had this debate before a while back. The weight needs to be heavy enough for outdoor wear, but light enough not to overheat in an office. These should be fine.

Anyone know the exact difference between contemporary and slim? Measurements for rise, thighs, knees, leg opening? And is true to size actually true to size or is there maybe like a half inch difference (up?)

Just want to make sure and prepared to order for tomorrow. Any idea when they'll be up? Going to try to stay up for it!

The specs listed on our size chart are accurate.

As soon as we load the images on the site, you guys will be the first to know.
biggrin.gif

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up two pairs, they are a nice mid-weight, three season fabric. I'll start wearing them when the daytime highs start dropping below 15 degrees.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Rick, can you add a "Pick up in-Store" option to your website?

Are the flannel trousers in Toronto today by any chance?

linds_15

Reaction score
Hey Rick,

Can the grand opening coupons be stacked with bundles?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads