1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Would also appreciate if they offered polos that fits the bigger guys (equivalent to the 17 and 17 1/2 shirts in Contemporary). Maybe in a couple of years when they have a wider clientele base, who knows!

2. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We have
    We have a new group of polos just in finishing at the moment. A revised Shirt Collar and and a new button down collar version. Shirt collar we are now using non-woven interlining in the the collar to give it more support, so it stands up great. We dissected a really nice Cuccinelli polo with the same collar and discovered this was the trick.

Colours are Black, Navy, Heather Gray, White, Crimson Red, Royal Blue, and Forest Green.

flvinny521 and cloud82 like this.
  3. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Received a few different items from S&M today in the mail.

First up is the blue wool/linen check suit. I really like everything about this suit. It's a great shade of blue with a nice, subtle pattern. The fabric is perfect and light in weight for summer with a nice drape without it being too light and thin, and the fit (38 slim for me) is spot on. I love the fact that the S&M suits are slightly longer in length than my regular SuSu suits which are about 1/2"-1" shorter in overall length than I would prefer. Overall, this is a great suit at an amazing price. Below is a quick picture that I snapped from my iPhone. I feel like this is a pretty good representation of the color (maybe not quite as dark as the pic but close).

I also received white and blue summer oxfords. These, like all of my other slim S&M dress shirts, fit me almost perfectly. These are super soft and lighter in weight to make them perfect for the spring and summer. Awesome oxfords! I have dress shirts from Ledbury to Kamakura (which I really like) to Brooks Brothers and others, and the S&M dress shirts are right there with Kamakura (perhaps even better) as my favorite from an overall quality, fit, and cost standpoint.

Finally, I received a white cotton polo with the shirt collar. The medium is a great fit, nice and snug without being too tight, and the material looks very good especially for the price. Another homerun, and I'll be purchasing more of these.
    S&M.JPG

kammerer66, jermyzy and spiermackay like this.
  4. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Very cool! Grabbing a Green for sure.

Any prototype pics of the redesigned collars?

Fingers crossed for a substantial collar on the button down polo like this.

[​IMG]

5. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Not that big. Gotta remember, most of of our customers are not SF guys. Venturing too far out of most peoples comfort zone results in dead stock. A button down on a polo is a stretch for most to begin with....

6. kammerer66

kammerer66 Senior member

This looks oversized to me. I'd rather see something like below - spread collar, french placket. The simpler, the better.
    tumblr_n5gw1z7CLg1si74v8o1_500.jpg

flvinny521 and Mr Clemson like this.
  7. jermyzy

jermyzy Active Member

Thanks for the quick review! i just placed an order for the blue wool/linen too, needed a summer sportscoat

8. exfalso

exfalso Member

Very nice -- I would also love long-sleeve polo shirts, but I guess it isn't a popular option.

9. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Haha good point. Sometimes I forget about the world outside of SF.

That's really nice, I do think a little more spread on the normal ones would be cool too.

10. Spex

Spex Senior member

-1 on that huge button down collar (sorry :()

+1 on that spread collar above. looks great!

+1 on long sleeve polos!

In terms of the chinos coming out, what colours will be available?

jbarwick likes this.
  11. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Sure thing. I think it'll work perfectly as a stand alone sportcoat as well. I really like it.