• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

XxLogo

Reaction score
Yea I wish there are more extra slim pants offered. The extra slim is more normal slim in other brands which is what I prefer. I've had to taper many SM pants in the past.
I have to agree, comparing these chino's to the chino's of other brands the "extra slim" is definitely more of a traditional slim fit from other brands. However, more of a classic taper from knee down. Maybe the smaller sizes in the future could have slightly more taper from knee down, personally

pmestrad

Reaction score
I have the opposite perspective. I really wish they had an athletic or fuller fit. I have to go up 2 or 4 inches in contemporary just to get a comfortable fit in the thighs and calf. Even contemporary fit feels like a slim fit to me.
I agree with this 100%. I have to buy a 35 contemporary and then tailor the waist to a 31-32 in order to get them to fit me. Then I usually have to taper the calves a touch as well. Would love an athletic fit. I am sure that Rick has looked into whether or not there is a market for this though.

XxLogo

Reaction score
So what I am getting from the people that wear the chino's is this, possibly 3 fits: Contemporary, Athletic, and Slim. Maybe adjust the contemporary in some way to suit those that wear it. Athletic is the current slim fit, but with more room in the seat and thigh with slight taper to balance proportions. Then with the current "Extra Slim" becoming the slim fit, maybe with a slight more taper from knee down. Thoughts everyone? @spiermackay

ULCajun

Reaction score
As much as I’m loving the full traditional seersucker I’m failing to picture the jacket as a separate. I’d obviously wear the trousers more often. Any ideas how to pair it? I’m thinking I should just go with the natural linen jacket instead.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As much as I’m loving the full traditional seersucker I’m failing to picture the jacket as a separate. I’d obviously wear the trousers more often. Any ideas how to pair it? I’m thinking I should just go with the natural linen jacket instead.
Based on geography, I’m sure you have more ideas about seersucker than any of us. Can’t you just walk through the Garden District and take notes? 😃

tripreed

Reaction score
@spiermackay I may have missed it, but are high rise flannel trousers coming for the Fall? I suddenly got a bee in my bonnet for a pair, even though it won't be cool enough to wear them down here for at least 2.5 more months...

shirtandty

Reaction score
Has anyone requested gold/brass buttons on an MTO sportscoat?

If so, would you please post a photo. Thanks 👍

Reaction score
Bottoli brown slub mix - fresh out of the box picture (ft. S&M denim shirt)
F88C61E1-DCE0-4D69-85DE-CC6CCEB7D05A.jpeg

Great fabric, will be very versatile. Here’s a close up shot:
88786787-7A83-47F2-A117-1AAFF4C26FA6.jpeg

It seems to fit pretty well, just need to shorten the sleeves. However, there’s a bit of extra fabric bunching up behind my upper arm, maybe you all could help me understand this better (ie what can a tailor do to fix it - is it worth fixing.?)
Here’s a picture from behind where you can see the bunching. I’m standing completely neutral:
A661DF02-730B-48EA-8501-DC181E93ED4B.jpeg

And here’s a picture without the jacket on, just in case it helps:

08392C81-E573-4F83-8DB1-51DC1275EE6B.jpeg

dhizzy123

Reaction score
Anyone have any insight into the difference in button stance between a long and regular size MTO jacket that is adjusted to the same length? I'm trying to find a way to get the same jacket length as a long but with a higher button stance.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's