• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jeam3130

Reaction score
Hey Rick,

Quick question. Is there anyway to reduce the upper arm shirt diameter without making the shirt more constrictive in the elbow? Or is the only measurement change possible the bicep diameter, which results in a narrower elbow.

Thanks

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's coming next week in OCBD is restock on White, Solid Gray, then Uni Stripe in Blue, Pink, Lavender.

In production is a new shade of light blue, lavender solid, and burgundy uni stripe.

I will be instakopping the uni stripes in blue and pink, and maybe even the solid gray.

Question for you Rick. What is the weight and hand on these upcoming OCBDs like?

I have many of your shirts, and I'd have to say my favorite so far is the Navy Birchmount Gingham. I think you could almost call the fabric a brushed twill. I love how soft it is and how it has held up its measurements over multiple washes. It is even less stiff than the brushed OCBDs (which I have a couple of). That shirt with its perfect OCBD collar (and pleats) makes it one of my favorite CM-style shirts to wear--sometimes with a bomber jacket and sometimes casually under a sportcoat.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Rick,

Quick question. Is there anyway to reduce the upper arm shirt diameter without making the shirt more constrictive in the elbow? Or is the only measurement change possible the bicep diameter, which results in a narrower elbow.

Thanks

Yes. It just has to taper to the elbow. When you reduce the bicep, generally the circumference of the armhole will be reduced proportionally as well.

I will be instakopping the uni stripes in blue and pink, and maybe even the solid gray.

Question for you Rick. What is the weight and hand on these upcoming OCBDs like?

I have many of your shirts, and I'd have to say my favorite so far is the Navy Birchmount Gingham. I think you could almost call the fabric a brushed twill. I love how soft it is and how it has held up its measurements over multiple washes. It is even less stiff than the brushed OCBDs (which I have a couple of). That shirt with its perfect OCBD collar (and pleats) makes it one of my favorite CM-style shirts to wear--sometimes with a bomber jacket and sometimes casually under a sportcoat.

The OCBD's are he same as the most recent group.

The birchmount gingham was a lighter/thinner oxford made from 60's single yarn, so it will be significantly more pliable than a classic oxford. That fabric is like a halfway point from a Classic Oxford to a Dress Shirt.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just a PSA,

Flannels are ready in stock in Mississauga. They will be in the Downtown Shop after 12 pm.

We only have limited stocks on these as they are a test run, so grab them while you can. Once they're gone, their gone for the season.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a PSA,

Flannels are ready in stock in Mississauga. They will be in the Downtown Shop after 12 pm.

We only have limited stocks on these as they are a test run, so grab them while you can. Once they're gone, their gone for the season.

Lucky local bastards, Tuesday can't come fast enough haha.

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How limited, Rick?

Don't want to get my hopes up for Tuesday for nothing.

Just a PSA,

jeam3130

Reaction score

Yes. It just has to taper to the elbow. When you reduce the bicep, generally the circumference of the armhole will be reduced proportionally as well.

1. How do I specify a decrease in upper arm (bicep) width without a change in elbow room/diameter?

2. Also, regarding the third image in this photo set (http://imgur.com/a/0f8xb), how do I decrease the amount of horizontal bunching/blousing at the low back? I can't comfortably decrease the waist measurement anymore. Or is what I have normal (good fit)?

Thanks

Last edited:

dappercanadian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't sleep on the flannel trousers; they're more unbelievable in person than online and definitely won't last. Grabbed 2 pairs today.

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How limited, Rick?

Don't want to get my hopes up for Tuesday for nothing.

Depends on the size/fit. We have a total of 263 pcs across 7 colours/2 fits/all sizes. I'll open it up to SF first before we put out the email.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
1. How do I specify a decrease in upper arm (bicep) width without a change in elbow room/diameter?

2. Also, regarding the third image in this photo set (http://imgur.com/a/0f8xb), how do I decrease the amount of horizontal bunching/blousing at the low back? I can't comfortably decrease the waist measurement anymore. Or is what I have normal (good fit)?

Thanks

1. Just advise how much you want to decrease the bicep by, and keep the elbow the same.

2. You can ask to reduce the back waist panel only at the waist. You can probably decrease it by 1"

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm prepping to pull the trigger on some flannels on Tuesday. Any advice on the sizing of the slim cut trousers?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't sleep on the flannel trousers; they're more unbelievable in person than online and definitely won't last. Grabbed 2 pairs today.

I am seriously having a hard time deciding on colors, are they heavy to the point they are basically a winter only trouser?

I own some wools already in the greys and navys that would probably end up as overlaps in my collection, but then again those are the most staple colors that get more use. On the other hand I love the green, burgundy, and tan but those will see less time in the rotation. I think 3 pairs will be my max.

Another question for everyone, what do you guys see as pairing with the green or burgundy in terms of shirt color combinations?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads