• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

EddieK

Reaction score
They’re stiff and fused unless you specify in the notes/comments. You can ask for lined but unfused, lightly lined but unfused, or unlined.
What’s the difference between them? I only knew of fused and infused/sewn. I’m planning some formal shirts

ptfly

Reaction score
I may be in the minority here but I was very pleasantly surprised when I tried a sp/su 2020 casual cotton chino in extra slim. The color I wanted was out of stock in the slim fit so I compared the specs (slim to extra slim). Very slightly smaller. I think 1/2" in hip and 1/4" in thigh. I liked the fit so much I ordered the last two colors available in my size. Good year round weight and easy to iron. Definitely not a skinny fit in my size. My guess it may have sold better in the smaller waist sizes.
Rick my not have ordered a lot since it was a new fit but I for one am hoping they come back next spring.
I have and like a few of the slim dress cottons but these are a nice more relaxed alternative and will still be useful in the autumn.
I am also glad the 2020 hemmed casual inseams were increased to a 34" since the 32" inseam from LY in my would have been too short. If anyone has a 32 waist in the green extra slim I am interested. I ordered but got the dreaded out of stock email.

Shultzy

Reaction score
Thinking of picking up one of the washed cotton sportcoats, though my typical 40R Slim isn't available - is there that much difference with the 40 contemp? Anything tailoring can't fix?

XxLogo

Reaction score
I may be in the minority here but I was very pleasantly surprised when I tried a sp/su 2020 casual cotton chino in extra slim. The color I wanted was out of stock in the slim fit so I compared the specs (slim to extra slim). Very slightly smaller. I think 1/2" in hip and 1/4" in thigh. I liked the fit so much I ordered the last two colors available in my size. Good year round weight and easy to iron. Definitely not a skinny fit in my size. My guess it may have sold better in the smaller waist sizes.
Rick my not have ordered a lot since it was a new fit but I for one am hoping they come back next spring.
I have and like a few of the slim dress cottons but these are a nice more relaxed alternative and will still be useful in the autumn.
I am also glad the 2020 hemmed casual inseams were increased to a 34" since the 32" inseam from LY in my would have been too short. If anyone has a 32 waist in the green extra slim I am interested. I ordered but got the dreaded out of stock email.
I also appreciated the extra slim size compared to a slim, much appreciate the taper and honestly could use more from the knee down for me, but that may be just me. I think Rick has more chino's OTW for the FW20 coming around October. However, I am glad the smaller sizes are hemmed at 32" and not the 34". I think my current ones are getting hemmed at around 28" so less fabric wasted.

ptfly

Reaction score
I also appreciated the extra slim size compared to a slim, much appreciate the taper and honestly could use more from the knee down for me, but that may be just me. I think Rick has more chino's OTW for the FW20 coming around October. However, I am glad the smaller sizes are hemmed at 32" and not the 34". I think my current ones are getting hemmed at around 28" so less fabric wasted.
Glad I am not the only one. I agree that taper is definitely not extreme. The slight hip reduction is exactly what I needed.
Last year the 32 waist size had a 32 inseam but this year it was increased to 34 which works for me. Below 32 I believe it stayed with the shorter inseam. If fall colors are coming in the same fit I will definitely add more.

Last edited:

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s the difference between them? I only knew of fused and infused/sewn. I’m planning some formal shirts
A standard dress shirt collar has a lining that’s heat-fused inside, keeping a crisp, formal stiffness. An unfused collar has that lining but it’s just sewn inside instead of glued to the cloth. It’s more casual and comfortable on the neck. Some people like a collar with even less structure, so they get less—or no—fabric lining the collar. I like the retro look of a floppier, expressive collar.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea I wish there are more extra slim pants offered. The extra slim is more normal slim in other brands which is what I prefer. I've had to taper many SM pants in the past.

theh00d

Reaction score
horn can vary in colour greatly, however are the ones on the trousers definitely horn or are they maybe the black nut?
Ah I see, pretty sure they're horn.
Here is a better image.
fresco button.jpg

Gawith4Life

Reaction score
Yea I wish there are more extra slim pants offered. The extra slim is more normal slim in other brands which is what I prefer. I've had to taper many SM pants in the past.
I have the opposite perspective. I really wish they had an athletic or fuller fit. I have to go up 2 or 4 inches in contemporary just to get a comfortable fit in the thighs and calf. Even contemporary fit feels like a slim fit to me.

jamie411

Reaction score
Thinking of picking up one of the washed cotton sportcoats, though my typical 40R Slim isn't available - is there that much difference with the 40 contemp? Anything tailoring can't fix?
i usually buy the Slim 40 but have bought some Contemporary from time to time - in both suits and sportcoats. I much prefer the Slim fit overall - the Contemporary feels a bit more roomy throughout. This includes through the chest, waist, and arms. I find these differences a bit more “acceptable” in my suits but have decided not to buy anymore Contemporary. The differences are fairly subtle, but for me at least, they’re enough that I won’t compromise.

XxLogo

Reaction score
Ah I see, pretty sure they're horn.
Here is a better image.
View attachment 1436158
Yea okay, better photo. Looks like that is light horn you got compared to the darn horn. Send Spier an email as they reply more often than Rick on here as he is only on here for few occasions due to being busy a lot. Maybe they can send you some buttons or something if that's the only issue

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's