• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've really struggled to find ties that work well with the E Thomas faded gun check from last year. However, I recently took delivery of this green linen and felt that it worked really well. Shirt is also SM.
View attachment 1435823
That's a great jacket and I think, is the easiest to find ties. Most shades of brown and blue are the easiest choice.

XxLogo

Reaction score
I've really struggled to find ties that work well with the E Thomas faded gun check from last year. However, I recently took delivery of this green linen and felt that it worked really well. Shirt is also SM.
View attachment 1435823
If you struggle to find a tie for a jacket, a navy grenadine usually works pretty much all of the time with anything lol

dhizzy123

Reaction score
@spiermackay Theoretical question re MTO: if I shorten the jacket length by 0.75, would that move the buttoning stance up 0.75 or by a smaller amount? Just wondering how that proportion is calculated as I'm trying to dial in my measurements and on my prior MTO the button stance was a bit too low for me.

Additionally, is there a difference in the button stance between a 38R and 38L pattern if the jacket length is adjusted to 31 inches on both of them?

Last edited:

EddieK

Reaction score
Anyone know what the default is for cuffs and collar for custom shirts? Fused or not?

tripreed

Reaction score
If you struggle to find a tie for a jacket, a navy grenadine usually works pretty much all of the time with anything lol
Valid. I don't own a navy grenadine, but do own a navy knit and a navy wool tie, and agree that they are insanely versatile.

That's a great jacket and I think, is the easiest to find ties. Most shades of brown and blue are the easiest choice.
I did just get a brown grenadine (it was in the same lot of ties I purchased along with the green linen) and was planning on trying it out with that jacket sometime. But beyond solid color ties, I really struggle finding something that works with the jacket.

XxLogo

Reaction score
Valid. I don't own a navy grenadine, but do own a navy knit and a navy wool tie, and agree that they are insanely versatile.

I did just get a brown grenadine (it was in the same lot of ties I purchased along with the green linen) and was planning on trying it out with that jacket sometime. But beyond solid color ties, I really struggle finding something that works with the jacket.
For a tie beyond solid colours if that is what you are looking for, can always start out with some basic patterns like polka dot/micro dot, regimental, or even a basic foulard tie with a neutral background. Just find a colour in the jacket or a earth tone/neutral and it will probably go with it. Just stay away from bright flashy colours until you got the basics down, and pick up a navy grenadine ;)

dangaa

Reaction score
Didn't get the email yet but it looks like another sale is potentially coming this week. Must be all the polo talk in the last few days ;)

1596562770516.png

theh00d

Reaction score
Received my first ever mtm sportcoat in the minnis tobacco fresco to complete the suit!
@spiermackay I think I was given the wrong color buttons.
I requested the dark natural horn and these look like the light ones?
Sorry if its hard to tell but you can kind of see the difference between the one on the trouser.

Also wished it had the Minnis label inside the jacket haha.
thumbnail_IMG_5126.jpg

XxLogo

Reaction score
Received my first ever mtm sportcoat in the minnis tobacco fresco to complete the suit!
@spiermackay I think I was given the wrong color buttons.
I requested the dark natural horn and these look like the light ones?
Sorry if its hard to tell but you can kind of see the difference between the one on the trouser.

Also wished it had the Minnis label inside the jacket haha.
View attachment 1435929
horn can vary in colour greatly, however are the ones on the trousers definitely horn or are they maybe the black nut?

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the default is for cuffs and collar for custom shirts? Fused or not?
They’re stiff and fused unless you specify in the notes/comments. You can ask for lined but unfused, lightly lined but unfused, or unlined.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's