• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you still see it on the site, or are they sold out? Can’t track them down. I see the five-pocket cords and where the other cords are, there are two listings for the drab colored cords. But no brown
@yungchomsky has a whole brown cord suit for sale in the Spier buy-sell-trade thread:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you with S&M's merino sweaters, how do you wash them? The site says machine washable, but tag says dry clean. I am used to hand washing my sweaters as none of them were ever labeled as "machine-washable"
So, do I just toss them in the wash on delicate or would I need to also place in one of those delicate laundry bags? Or should I just keep hand washing?

omgitswes

Reaction score

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you still see it on the site, or are they sold out? Can’t track them down. I see the five-pocket cords and where the other cords are, there are two listings for the drab colored cords. But no brown
appears they are no longer on the site.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you with S&M's merino sweaters, how do you wash them? The site says machine washable, but tag says dry clean. I am used to hand washing my sweaters as none of them were ever labeled as "machine-washable"
So, do I just toss them in the wash on delicate or would I need to also place in one of those delicate laundry bags? Or should I just keep hand washing?
I... Don't wash them.

Air dry, baby

chatelet

Reaction score
Love the olive linen. So versatile. Wish chocolate linen was available without trousers.

I find that the rear ‘flap’ on the linen is easily warped through creasing and no longer covers the rear. Any ideas? I wonder if I could add some interlining on the inside.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dapperclassic would have your answer, if I'm not mistaken he is in UK

Spier do subsidise the shipping costs to the EU to make them more reasonable. Shipping via UPS to the UK takes around 4/5 business days.

You will need to pay import duty and 20% VAT on the goods, more details available on the gov.uk website. UPS will send you a request for the payment which will need to be paid before the shipment is released for delivery.

There is also a £11 brokerage charge that UPS add on to the invoice, basically that's their cut for handling the VAT and duty on your behalf.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spier do subsidise the shipping costs to the EU to make them more reasonable. Shipping via UPS to the UK takes around 4/5 business days.

You will need to pay import duty and 20% VAT on the goods, more details available on the gov.uk website. UPS will send you a request for the payment which will need to be paid before the shipment is released for delivery.

There is also a £11 brokerage charge that UPS add on to the invoice, basically that's their cut for handling the VAT and duty on your behalf.
I'm glad @spiermackay are in Canada and not in Europe or another country like most other brand I buy from. Refreshing knowing I don't have to pay these stupid fees for at least one of my shopping trips lol

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In saying that, I do believe that S&M would make a killing if they open up in the EU (ignoring Covid).

I would love an European branch. As I live in Norway I would probably have to pay VAT via ups anyway. A good solution would be to have a option to pay VAT in their webstore like j. Crew does. Then we would atleast save ups' fees.

hamnjam

Reaction score
Bought the olive linen jacket, no regrets.

I convinced my wife to let it be my anniversary present. She was enjoying Whistler too much to realize what I muttered under my breath hahaha

Whistler is nice this time year. Funny how I live in Vancouver but hardly ever make it there anymore.

I'm awaiting delivery for the olive linen. Bought not my ideal size as my preferred size was out of stock. Thankfully returns are simple.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice to see that some long sleeve polos were found in SM's recent inventory deep dive! For all the love they get here on SF, I'm surprised they didn't get snatched up immediately. $15 US with sale code.

I grabbed a couple more LS polos today, along with a light gray flannel twill SC that will get a lot of work starting in November.

ULCajun

Reaction score
Full seersucker

Attachments

• ED58FEF6-79BC-479C-AF3B-B8FC7EBF7F07.jpeg
    ED58FEF6-79BC-479C-AF3B-B8FC7EBF7F07.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 3348F2EF-DE8B-4FE9-8A0E-902071FE902F.jpeg
    3348F2EF-DE8B-4FE9-8A0E-902071FE902F.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 107

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads