• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you bought a jacket knowing you won't keep it? Or what am I missing?
Yes, since I was making the order for the trousers, I wanted to see how the lapels looked IRL and also how the two different fits of jacket worked on me.

Spyder187

Reaction score
Yes, since I was making the order for the trousers, I wanted to see how the lapels looked IRL and also how the two different fits of jacket worked on me.
Is it the difference in fit between neo and regular? I'm wondering that I get size 38 in Neo fit but the waist is kinda tight causing vent flare. Lapel sits flush, no bad x pulling at the button point. I may not do much about the vent flare because it fits well otherwise. Shoulders are on point so if it's any smaller, my deltoids would round out the side.

Would I be 40 slim in the regular fit? Been eyeing getting a suit but because it's all regular fit, tough call.

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
View attachment 1434154

From their IG promoting their Fall 2020 catalogue. I started for thread for myself in the style advice section and this particular item is a contender!
This is tempting for me, as I don't own any darker brown FW sport jackets. Knowing S&M, these first few examples are just the tip of their sartorial iceberg this season.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EMBRACE THE LINEN WRINKLES lol
I tried very much to like the linen wrinkle but too many people told me it just looks like I put the jacket in the suitcase without folding. So I prefer seersucker when I want to get character without wrinkles.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy with the contemporary fit trouser nowadays. Hadn't really tried it since the tweaks in fit; much fuller in the knee and opening than I would normally have gone for but the reality is this is more comfortable and wearable.

Also, slap some white buttons on this navy linen DB! I'm sending it back but in a perfect world where money grows in my backyard, I'd do just that.
Ironically I got that linen db with the intention of changing the buttons with white mop but seeing the jacket is on a long side and the buttons are lower than I expected, I changed the buttons to black horns instead of the current brownish horns to obscure them. I later put the white mops on a Boglioli hopsack navy db.

omgitswes

Reaction score
Was there ever matching pants for the brown corduroy jacket? Thinking about buying the jacket but would like pants to go with it

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I told you of my recent purchase of the washed cotton suits. Unfortunately, they did not fit me well.

BDAD4AB9-7910-4996-9345-6BC65242DBEF.jpeg

2FD31412-714A-4579-9E2E-6E3D089C5355.jpeg

1F5E9171-3E65-4931-BBA9-C58F34A864DC.jpeg

89E6DF05-003F-4625-AEC5-5F7B1A021A31.jpeg

6F3BCEDF-741E-4697-A88F-8E1775A8D810.jpeg

E0A07E09-46A9-434A-A210-7E9D050B88BD.jpeg

All the items are well made. Great quality. My first experience with S&M jackets and pants.

The jacket is completely unstructured which may have contributed to the fit issue. This is a 38R contemporary, my usually size for most companies. The sleeves do not fall correctly to my eye. Lots of folds under the armpit. The back is also messy. Maybe a slim would be better, but I wanted some extra room for a warm weather jacket. Body length, sleeve length, shoulders, and chest seem good to me.

The pants fit perfectly in the waist. The rise was not bad. The pants where tight in the hips, seat and thighs for me. These are 30 contemporary pants, my usual size in most brands. There is no way I would fit in the slims. Did the washed cotton trousers run small this year? I’ll try a 32 contemporary next time.

Sending all of this back. I may try the linen jackets once these are returned.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.