• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fall Preview. Revised duffle coat.

The colour is just for the sample. This cloth will actually be used in a Peacoat. The duffle will be be in Navy.

View attachment 1422673

Ugh. Looks like buying another peacoat. Really like the colour of that fabric. Is the fabric weight the same as last year's?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What sportcoats drape the best from S&M?

I'm still enamoured over the drape of the e.thomas rust check that's a mix of wool/silk/linen.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success if replicating a collar from another shirt maker through S&M, knowing only 3 measurements?

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fall Preview. Revised duffle coat.

The colour is just for the sample. This cloth will actually be used in a Peacoat. The duffle will be be in Navy.

View attachment 1422673

I'd like to see these kinds of coats made out of pure cashmere or anything super warm but very light and thin if possible. Right now I've been trying to get rid of all my vintage looking heavy + long outerwears as I have to admit that light Uniqlo puffers are superior in every department except style. When convenience and comfort greatly ironically outweigh the old competitions.

pmestrad

Reaction score
Anyone with an opinion on the wide stripe linen shirts from S&M? Thinking of getting one made in short sleeves, but unsure what to think about the wider stripes. What do they do to the body, make it look thinner or wider?

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drawstring linen pants please. Perfect for wfh or going out casually and would make a nice pairing with the upcoming dartless unstructured sportjackets. No more formal stuff that nobody wears anymore.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone with an opinion on the wide stripe linen shirts from S&M? Thinking of getting one made in short sleeves, but unsure what to think about the wider stripes. What do they do to the body, make it look thinner or wider?

Depends on how wide and whether horizontal or vert. Honestly that would be short lived fashion stuff that you can find @NMWA.

pmestrad

Reaction score
Depends on how wide and whether horizontal or vert. Honestly that would be short lived fashion stuff that you can find @NMWA.
Thanks for your reply. I am speaking specifically about the wide stripe linen shirts they are selling. They are available MTO and thinking of MTO'ing some short sleeve shirts.

cr2596

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I am speaking specifically about the wide stripe linen shirts they are selling. They are available MTO and thinking of MTO'ing some short sleeve shirts.
The fabric is pretty soft for a pure linen, and I think combining the pattern with a non BD collar and short sleeves would work really well.

As for the aesthetic effect of slimming/widening, I don't know your body or your hope. Considering you'd likely wear that without a jacket, it might have a widening effect on a 42r +, but that is pure speculation.

I'm a 38R and very slim, and I like the idea that this visually widens me a bit.

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
What sportcoats drape the best from S&M?

I'm still enamoured over the drape of the e.thomas rust check that's a mix of wool/silk/linen.
Depends on what you're after. For me, as far as non fall/winter jackets are concerned, the hopsack drapes very well, and both Drago linen/wool blends that I have drape nicely.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I particularly like the drape on my VBC flannel jacket. Heavier fabrics generally have a superior drape to lighter ones.
That surprises me, I always thought flannel bags out. I guess SC vs. trouser is a big difference. Thanks for the info
Depends on what you're after. For me, as far as non fall/winter jackets are concerned, the hopsack drapes very well, and both Drago linen/wool blends that I have drape nicely.
Yeah I run warm, so no hot SCs for me.

Thanks for the tip.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads