• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First MTO order just arrived, and I'd like some feedback. Sorry in advance for the rumples, but I wasn't expecting them in so soon and was excited to try them on. Also, the last picture is the backside of the waistband shows a spot that isn't sewn together. Normal or needs to be fixed?
I don't think you're being generous enough with your calf/ankle measurements.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First MTO order just arrived, and I'd like some feedback. Sorry in advance for the rumples, but I wasn't expecting them in so soon and was excited to try them on. Also, the last picture is the backside of the waistband shows a spot that isn't sewn together. Normal or needs to be fixed?
Did you tweak measurements at all or just order a stock size?

ShibuiC

Reaction score
Normal...in fact, the sign of high quality tailoring. Your trousers look very nice.
Thanks! It did strike me as intentional considering the stitch in the center but it's my first time seeing it so I needed some confirmation.

Did you not ask for a dinner split?
Ah, it even has a name. I did not ask for nor did I know it was an option. Thanks for the info.

I don't think you're being generous enough with your calf/ankle measurements.
Noted. Left it at 15.5 but will consider increasing it on my next pair.

Did you tweak measurements at all or just order a stock size?
I was fitted in store and it seems none of my measurements are available online but I believe we decided to go with a stock size for the most part. 33 slim high rise

japejapejape

Reaction score
just got my 2nd jacket ever from s&m and i absolutely love it. don't know why i waited so long to try them out.
my 1st was the light brown sondrio neapolitan. this time i went with the linen db. fit and quality are a1
just a couple questions...
1. are there any differences in the sleeve for the neapolitan vs non neapolitan
2. i went with a 40r slim and the fit is pretty spot on. how much of a difference does the contemporary sizes make?
i looked at the charts and it seems very minimal...like half an inch larger in some areas. do any of you interchange slim and contemporary fits in the jacket or do yall take the same size in every one?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard tell this suit increases the size of the wearer’s ******** no less than 25%. As one unwilling to engage in hearsay, I can neither confirm nor deny the legitimacy of this rumor. Just wanted to throw it out there, for any who may be interested in the scientific method.
All seriousness, this suit is silly nice. Amazingly inky shade of green. Highly recommended to anyone who may find themselves on the fence about it.
BA0CF5CC-67E7-4AD1-A1B9-B4912F0A3FD0.jpeg

cr2596

Reaction score
I want the chocolate version bad, but I just won’t spend any more money on clothes till the future is clear.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Riva thanks for the picture - it was enough to push me over to buy the last one in my size. Now the dreaded wait for the ship confirmation.

After looking at it again and comparing it with the Botto Giuseppe Mint Green Flannel I want to sell the green E Thomas. The Botto is just superior in every regard and the online pics don't do it justice. The color is a lot darker than shown. Very classy, definitely one of the top 3 fabrics SM ever used. Don't miss this one especially with the 25% off the sale price.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After looking at it again and comparing it with the Botto Giuseppe Mint Green Flannel I want to sell the green E Thomas. The Botto is just superior in every regard and the online pics don't do it justice. The color is a lot darker than shown. Very classy, definitely one of the top 3 fabrics SM ever used. Don't miss this one especially with the 25% off the sale price.

Totally different uses. The ET in summer rotation, Botto in winter rotation.
I agree the mint is great, but I have both and see very little overlap.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Totally different uses. The ET in summer rotation, Botto in winter rotation.
I agree the mint is great, but I have both and see very little overlap.

Right but the flannel thin enough as not being too warm. In any case just letting people know not to miss a real gem.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard tell this suit increases the size of the wearer’s ******** no less than 25%. As one unwilling to engage in hearsay, I can neither confirm nor deny the legitimacy of this rumor. Just wanted to throw it out there, for any who may be interested in the scientific method.
All seriousness, this suit is silly nice. Amazingly inky shade of green. Highly recommended to anyone who may find themselves on the fence about it. View attachment 1419507

Looks so good. It was a tough decision to keep the seersucker and pass on this.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed, This is one sweet jacket! :eek:

MisterrLovely

Reaction score

I bought the mint flannel last fall. Probably my favorite S&M fall/winter jacket so far.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads