• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shandoeluna

Reaction score
I have more green jackets than any other colors. If it's dark enough it's ok for a funeral. How often do you go to a funeral anyway?

Yea 3r2 is the stupidest thing ever introduced to a jacket. Either make it a real 3 button or 2. If you want added sprezz do it through other ways.
So I went to Suit Supply, they recommended me the 46s and tailor the inch - inch 1/2 for the waist in. Tried the Sienna, lazio, and Havana fit. What should I go with Spier and mackay

Last edited:

Shandoeluna

Reaction score
Sharkskin has some shine, and "two-tone" here just means subtle crosshatching from two different colours of thread. It's a smooth twill. Denim is a twill, too; that's why your jeans have white threads showing under the blue.

My prediction? You'll get a basic, super-wearable navy suit, realize you love wearing a suit, and then you'll get a green fun one. And then you'll want more.
So I went to Suit Supply, they recommended me the 46s and tailor the inch - inch 1/2 for the waist in. Tried the Sienna, lazio, and Havana fit.

What should I go with Spier & Mackay

Last edited:

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I went to Suit Supply, they recommended me the 46s and tailor the inch - inch 1/2 for the waist in. Tried the Sienna, lazio, and Havana fit.

What should I go with Spier & Mackay
Spier’s contemporary fits like the Havana, but with a little extra breathing room. If 46S at SuSu looks good on you, I’d try the same size in Spier.

Last edited:

Shandoeluna

Reaction score
Spier’s contemporary fits like the Havana, but with a little extra breathing room. If 46S at SuSu looks good on you, I’d try the same size in Spier.

44s was a bit too tight according to them, 46s looks ok and did have plenty of room in the chest near the button. I don't see 46s as an option for any of the suits though at Spier & MacKay

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I went to Suit Supply, they recommended me the 46s and tailor the inch - inch 1/2 for the waist in. Tried the Sienna, lazio, and Havana fit. What should I go with Spier and mackay
Assuming the Havana fits you best, exactly the same size with SM. But I believe the largest short with SM is 40S. Even the non-short Slim goes up only to 42. A Contemporary 46R would need extensive reworks. If there is a Slim 46R, which doesn't show up on the size chart, you can just shorten it.

cr2596

Reaction score
Thanks. I size up on the waist to get more room in the seat and thighs. Maybe this time I can go down a size.
That seems to be the case for these trousers. I brought in the waist and tapered the legs from the thighs down to the cuffs.

I wonder how things will be in the future.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That seems to be the case for these trousers. I brought in the waist and tapered the legs from the thighs down to the cuffs.

I wonder how things will be in the future.
Slimmed and tapered mine extensively to get it to work but totally worth it. Rick needs to make more colors in this seersucker fabric. I'd get them all.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slimmed and tapered mine extensively to get it to work but totally worth it. Rick needs to make more colors in this seersucker fabric. I'd get them all.

Just dropped mine off at the tailor today, can’t wait to get them back.

my vote for SS21 is a tan minnis seersucker or a minnis cream linen.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just dropped mine off at the tailor today, can’t wait to get them back.

my vote for SS21 is a tan minnis seersucker or a minnis cream linen.
Requesting seersucker tan, cream, some unique blue color perhaps indigo, emerald green. Increase size by 1cm everywhere except length and sleeves. Winners.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
44s was a bit too tight according to them, 46s looks ok and did have plenty of room in the chest near the button. I don't see 46s as an option for any of the suits though at Spier & MacKay
I think you may not need a short size. I’m not very tall (5’7”) and a 38S looks silly on me, so I wear a 38R. You said you’re 5’9”, and I’d bet a 46R would look more classic on you. Keep in mind that SuitSupply dress their models in too-short jackets, and encourage customers to dress that way, too.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you may not need a short size. I’m not very tall (5’7”) and a 38S looks silly on me, so I wear a 38R. You said you’re 5’9”, and I’d bet a 46R would look more classic on you. Keep in mind that SuitSupply dress their models in too-short jackets, and encourage customers to dress that way, too.
Susu's R is actually quite long. Their S is considerably shorter but just perfect for me. But SM's 46 is only available on a Long if I'm not mistaken. Personally I think in this case he may need to check other brands that fit him better otr.

Shandoeluna

Reaction score
Susu's R is actually quite long. Their S is considerably shorter but just perfect for me. But SM's 46 is only available on a Long if I'm not mistaken. Personally I think in this case he may need to check other brands that fit him better otr.
I can take a risk and order a 46 and a 44. See how it goes since free return and exchange.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.